This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2011 Meetup?

edited February 2011 in Conventions
Thoughts?

Would be fun to play some boardgames with fellow GN fans, I am a long time listener but new to the forums. Was there any sort of thing last year?

Comments

• Thoughts?

Would fun to play some boardgames with fellow GN fans, I am a long time listener but new to the forums. Was there any sort of thing last year?
    You haven't been to PAX have you? You just play board games all night long!
  • If you follow various people who go to PAX on Twitter, we will more than likely be tweeting about board gaming in various rooms.

Go to the IDShare tab and look up a few people.

There will be gaming. I'm 99% sure I'll be Enforcing at Table Top again so you'll probably seem me suggesting games and hopefully not losing my voice.
  • Thoughts?

Would be fun to play some boardgames with fellow GN fans, I am a long time listener but new to the forums. Was there any sort of thing last year?
    I would love to game with some fellow GN fans, but make no promises as I've got a laundry list of people already to meet up with. I can promise I will be in that tabletop area though and gaming my ass off, so maybe we'll bump into each other. Like Scott and Ro said, there will be tons of boardgames to be played, so just show up and join a group. Everyone is friendly so whether you wind up at a table with Rym & Scott or with two other Joe Schmos, you're probably going to have a great time either way. Just hop in a game and don't worry too much about making sure you get in a game with X.
  • There will be gaming. I'm 99% sure I'll be Enforcing at Table Top again so you'll probably seem me suggesting games and hopefully not losing my voice.
    Yea, I probably will be too, hopefully it works out that way.
  • Who all's going to PAX anyway?
  • Who all's going to PAX anyway?
    Everybody. If you're not going, you're nobody.
  • :(
    You were there at the first PAX East, so you're still awesome. Besides, does anyone really listen to what Scott says these days? ^___~
  • I am nobody, it's true.
  • edited February 2011
    There will be gaming. I'm 99% sure I'll be Enforcing at Table Top again so you'll probably seem me suggesting games and hopefully not losing my voice.
    Yea, I probably will be too, hopefully it works out that way.
    Yup. I'm going to go for the morning shift this time around.

I plan on going to the Harpoon Brewery at some point on Friday or Saturday. I'm thinking Friday... People care find me if you're interested.

EDIT: They do tastings at 4pm on Friday and tours from 11-5 on Saturday/Sunday.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Do you think there will ever be a PAX Canada? :<
  • I'd be down for a Harpoon Tour. Think Saturday/Sunday would be a better day since the Epic Beer Fest is on Friday.
  • I'll be at the Night of the Barrels on Friday, and I'm down with a Harpoon tour whenever.

I'll be all over the goddamn place, so following a Twitter feed is probably the best option for spontaneous coordination.
  • Must remember my passport in case my ID gets randomly refused again.
    Must remember government/work ID.
    Must remember government/work ID.
    Don't forget to use that for a nice discount on your hotel stay.

Do you think there will ever be a PAX Canada? :<</p>
    Boston practically is Canada in my book.
  • Except the spirit of Boston is basically the exact opposite of what Canada stereotypically is. Everyone in Boston is angry with a huge chip on their shoulder whereas we're all nice and polite.
  • Don't forget to use that for a nice discount on your hotel stay.
    That's exactly why I'm bringing it. It's actually cheaper than the PAX discount.
  • edited February 2011
    Also, Boston does not have wings.

EDIT: Really? The government discount is bigger? I will need to look into this for my hotel...
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Also, Boston does not have wings.
    We just never found them, they have to be somewhere.
  • EDIT: Really? The government discount is bigger? I will need to look into this for my hotel...
    Well I needed to book an extra night that wasn't in the block that PAX reserved. I noticed it was cheaper. I'm not sure you can change your rates to government discounts if you booked under the PAX block. If we can, that would be awesome.
  • Well I needed to book an extra night that wasn't in the block that PAX reserved. I noticed it was cheaper. I'm not sure you can change your rates to government discounts if you booked under the PAX block. If we can, that would be awesome.
    I'll just call or e-mail the hotel and inquire. Can't hurt.
  • Also, Boston does not have wings.

EDIT: Really? The government discount is bigger? I will need to look into this for my hotel...
    Gov't rate for Boston hotels should be $154. If I recall correctly most of the PAX hotels where hovering around $170. Not a huge slice, especially once it's split amongst however many people you cram in your room, but hey, money is money.
  • How many Boston/New England locals attend vs. people traveling to PAX East?

Too many locals could make it fackin' queea
  • Well, I'm not at the Westin. I'm at the Seaport, which does not appear to be a Fedrooms property. I think it's unlikely that I could get a discount.
  • How many Boston/New England locals attend vs. people traveling to PAX East?

Too many locals could make it fackin' queea
    What's wrong with us locals? I'll be attending, but I'll be driving in and staying at home as opposed to getting a hotel room.
  • I'm just making fun of your quaint accent :3
  • Last year was my first PAX, and as high as my expectations were it exceeded them. Met tons of cools people and played a lot of games. Unfortunately i don't have a fancy smart phone. in fact my phone is quite stupid. so unless there is free wifi (which i doubt) i wont be able to check twitter.

I am a Boston native BTW, Rym and Scott did pretty good job with tips and advice but if anyone had any other questions i'd be glad to help :)
  • I am a Boston native BTW, Rym and Scott did pretty good job with tips and advice but if anyone had any other questions i'd be glad to help :)
    Which is better: Drink or Atlantic Beer Garden? ABG has a shitty beer selection for a place that calls itself a beer garden, but a decent looking menu. Drink has a bad web page.

Are No Name and Barking Crab open year round?