This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• So, if Kenshiro ends up dying of old age, has Golgo 13 gotten his man?
  • Golgo 13 doesn't age, so that makes Kenshiro weaker than him. So, yeah.
  • Wouldn't Dio just explode when he tries to punch Kenshiro?
    And just for the sake of obvious reference; You're already dead.
  • edited February 2011
    Kenshiro Vs Wesley Gibson from Millar's WANTED comic. Straight tie -both pretty much have the superpower of killing anything.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Kenshiro Vs Wesley Gibson from Millar's WANTED comic. Straight tie -both pretty much have the superpower of killing anything.
    They do both have that power, but IIRC the character in Wanted just go this powers without having to work hard for them. Kenshiro trained since he was zero. Also, Kenshiro has perfect offense and defense, and the Wanted guy only has offense.
  • The Saint of Killers.

OK, what do I win?
  • A swift death?
  • They do both have that power, but IIRC the character in Wanted just go this powers without having to work hard for them. Kenshiro trained since he was zero. Also, Kenshiro has perfect offense and defense, and the Wanted guy only has offense.
    That's true, however, How much defense do you need when you're the greatest killer the world has ever seen? Brother doesn't bother with defense, because he just kills everyone who threatens him, instantly. Straight tie - They kill each other.
    The Saint of Killers.
    Easy win.
  • edited February 2011
    Golgo 13 would kill Kenshiro. Instantly. From two miles away.
    There's no bullet or cartridge in the world with enough muzzle velocity to either exceed Kenshiro's reaction time or the physical endurance of his skin (even the physical endurance of his eyeballs).

However, Dio Brando possess a Stand that can stop time completely (except for himself) and would be completely invisible and undetectable to Kenshiro (non-Stand users can't perceive Stands). There's also no precedent of Ken fighting a vampire so that's a wild card element.
    Wouldn't Dio just explode when he tries to punch Kenshiro?
    And just for the sake of obvious reference; You're already dead.
    Dio never punches anybody, The World does all his punching for him and is a pseudo-physical, pseudo-real material.
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • There's also no precedent of Ken fighting a vampire so that's a wild card element.
    No, but there is a precedent for trying to bite Kenshiro. Everyone who has tried it ended up needing dentures.
  • Dio Brando doesn't bite people to drink their blood he stabs them with his fingers.
  • Kenshiro Vs Building
    Kenshiro WINS!
  • Kenshiro once kicked a tank to death.
  • If you cross your eyes, does it increase your field of vision?
  • Wouldn't that decrease it?
  • I think it would actually bigger, though this doesn't matter much if your nose is in the way.

On further thought, your FOV would decrease to begin with but once they cross a certain point, they begin to cover more different area.
  • I think it would actually bigger, though this doesn't matter much if your nose is in the way.

On further thought, your FOV would decrease to begin with but once they cross a certain point, they begin to cover more different area.
    No, because your nose gets in the way, so all that extra seeing area is just the side of your nose.
  • Your FOV would be larger, just not useful for much.
  • I can sort of see how that would increase the difference in what your eyes see, however, you could probably see more if you were able to turn your eyes outward so as not to have you view obstructed by your nose. No matter which way you point your eyes you still wouldn't be able to focus; your eyes aren't designed to see like that.

It would be awesome to be able to move/focus each eye independently, I'd have chameleon vision!
  • Turning outwards was the obvious option but not many people, if any, can do so.
  • The information contained in this transmission contains confidential information that is legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email or phone at 800-846-1375 and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.
    When will idiots learn that legal disclaimers on e-mails are not enforceable, not binding, and completely worthless? The unintended recipient of information did not enter into a non-disclosure agreement with the sender.
  • Who is manlier Golgo 13, Kenshiro, or Roy Focker?
  • edited February 2011
    Who is manlier Golgo 13, Kenshiro, or Roy Focker?
    Manliness is completely separate from power. Because I just watched all the Patlabor, I'll say Gotoh is the manliest.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Ok, so I have my 360 hooked up to my pc monitor alongside my pc. This works great but whenever I want to use the 360 I have to switch the speakers it. In windows 7 there is a "listen" function where the device plugged into the line-in jack plays through the speakers. Is there any way I can do something similar in vista with my Xbox?
  • Is there any way I can do something similar in vista with my Xbox?
    Do the same exact thing?
  • Vista doesn't seem to have the "listen" function as far as I can tell.
  • Vista doesn't seem to have the "listen" function as far as I can tell.
    It's a different computer? That "listen" is usually from your sound card, not from the OS.
  • It's a different computer? That "listen" is usually from your sound card, not from the OS.
    No Its the same computer. I've had Windows 7 on this one before but it was pirated and kept getting ingenuine so I just switched back to Vista.
  • It's a different computer? That "listen" is usually from your sound card, not from the OS.
    No Its the same computer. I've had Windows 7 on this one before but it was pirated and kept getting ingenuine so I just switched back to Vista.
    Probably a difference in the sound driver then.
    Probably a difference in the sound driver then.
    I thought it was just a feature that Vista lacked. Is there any other way to do this?