This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Come to me, all ye who have mics

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Anybody want to play Trivial Pursuit tonight via Skype? Say -- around 10 p.m. EST/DST?

Comments

• I really really wish I had a mic. Would a karoake mic work?

Actually, I'll probably be too tired and cranky.

Could you give a day's notice next time?
  • Grandpa Joe - Walmart. Logitech. $13.
  • Sigh. It's funny that, as we've grown a large, active, and awesome community here, we have almost zero time to participate in it ourselves... ^_^*

Someday, when I'm a space billionaire, I'll join you guys in your reindeer games.
  • Sigh. It's funny that, as we've grown a large, active, and awesome community here, we have almost zero time to participate in it ourselves... ^_^*

Someday, when I'm a space billionaire, I'll join you guys in your reindeer games.
    You know...it is Tuesday. You could join in and record it and then pass it off as a gaming episode. -_-
  • Actually, once my new PC is set up and working, we plan to periodically have Talkshoe or a Skype conference open for people who want to hear the live, raw show while we record. Obviously, this will not be every night, but it's something in the works.
  • edited May 2007
    Click here to join the Skypecast. I'll be on just a little before 10 p.m., and I'll have Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary Edition ready to go.

Just so you know, the categories are:

Global View (Blue)
    Sound and Screen (Pink)
    News (Yellow)
    The Written Word (Brown)
    Innovations (Green)
    Game Time (Orange)
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Maybe I'll come. I probably won't know anything, but meh.
  • I'm hosting the Skypecast now. Click here to join in the (hopefully) fun.
  • I won't know any of these, but I'll give it a shot ^_^;
  • edited May 2007
    For those who know, is there some trick to skypecasts in linux? Cuz I can't hear or talk to anyone.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Argh, it's too late at night; my family is sleeping. You should try hosting these earlier in the day. >_<
  • Actually, once my new PC is set up and working, we plan to periodically have Talkshoe or a Skype conference open for people who want to hear the live, raw show while we record. Obviously, this will not be every night, but it's something in the works.
    I have been looking through the old forum threads because I'm so damn bored at work...
    Hey Rym was this shit talking? 0_o
  • I could easily do this: I just haven't. Should I?
  • Haha, I remember doing this. I think I was able to answer like one question.
  • edited October 2008
    I donno, I hear the show is not edited much, but I think it would be kinda cool. If the amount of work is very little and even 50 people love it... Why not?
    Experiment. We haven’t seen any activity in the experimental feed, or maybe I am not looking in the right place anymore.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • Ok, I'll set this up tonight, either over Skype or after-the-fact in the experimental feed.
  • Ok, I'll set this up tonight, either over Skype or after-the-fact in the experimental feed.
    During the debate?
  • During the debate?
    I lost all interest in the debates after watching the first ones. They're not really debates so much as alternating sound bites.
  • During the debate?
    I lost all interest in the debates after watching the first ones. They're not really debates so much as alternating sound bites.
    Did you not find McCain wandering in front of the camera and then just wandering aimlessly around amusing? There might very well be some silliness like that happening tonight.
  • Did you not find McCain wandering in front of the camera and then just wandering aimlessly around amusing? There might very well be some silliness like that happening tonight.
    That one!
  • Did you not find McCain wandering in front of the camera and then just wandering aimlessly around amusing? There might very well be some silliness like that happening tonight.
    That one!
    Yes! You never know what might happen, and you never know what thing you might find amusing will be totally ignored by people the next day. It's must-see TV.
  • edited October 2008
    Ok, I'll set this up tonight, either over Skype or after-the-fact in the experimental feed.
    YES! Live podcasts are the shit. What time?
    Post edited by Mr. Eric on
    YES! Live podcasts are the shit. What time?
    I actually would rather listen to an edited podcast at my convenience then a live one, though I would be interested in doing so when ever it fits my schedule to see the difference between live and edited. But I think this debate has already happened a while ago when Schenectady was on the boards. (forgot username)

Plus I think it would be fun to have geekchat going as the live episode was playing. (maybe)
    What is everyone’s idea on this... or would it be too confusing with so many people talking?
  • I'm in if this is actually going down!
  • sure I'll throw my hate into the ring on this one. What is your skype Id?
  • If there is no live episode, then this won't happen. So don't get your hopes too high. ;)
    When people do new things, glitches can occur.
  • This sounds like fun. Sign me up as well!
  • Yep, sounds cool. Count me in! (Someone please message me, though, or I may forget...)
  • You're going to talk and try to listen at the same time? Good luck with that...
  • I am usually working and listening. Maybe I can do it. :/