This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Looney Tunes

edited March 2011 in Anime
Cartoon Network.

6V8H_LRAuNk
9Bxw6PIOwhA
CY93bQUl0Ys
Y-pxO9MT5y8

Comments

• Ugh, that does not look good. The best revival of the Looney Tunes spirit was Animaniacs, I think.
  • Warner Brothers has continuously tried to make new Looney Tunes shows/movies. Unfortunately, none of them (except Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century) have been good and all for one reason, they aren't funny.
  • Warner Brothers has continuously tried to make new Looney Tunes shows/movies. Unfortunately, none of them (except Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century) have been good and all for one reason, they aren't funny.
    Tiny Toons is the other one that might have done it. That first episode is amazing, I bought the DVD based on rewatching that episode and happy memories of the show, but it quickly devolves into the same basic Buster vs Max plot every episode, at least for most of the first DVD set, which was as far as I could manage.
  • There is a Family Guy gag about "wrong-sounding Muppets." It's become a common callback between Lisa and me. When we saw the new Looney Tunes show was coming out, Lisa looked at me and said, "Someone has a case of the wrong-sounding Muppets."

• edited March 2011
    (except Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century)
    SO GOOD except no one else I knew watched it except for me :'(

Maybe that's why it didn't last.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2011
    Mel Blanc and Chuck Jones are dearly missed.
    Warner Brothers has continuously tried to make new Looney Tunes shows/movies. Unfortunately, none of them (except Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century) have been good and all for one reason, they aren't funny.
    Why are you categorizing a short from 1953 as new? Perhaps you mean Return of the 24½th Century, but that's from 1980. Nevermind, I guess you mean the TV series, which is simply called "Duck Dodgers".
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I actually kinda like it. It's nothing compared to the original stuff, but it's better than the usual junk Cartoon Network has been showing.
  • I actually kinda like it. It's nothing compared to the original stuff, but it's better than the usual junk Cartoon Network has been showing.
    I think I'll have to see more of it, but there isn't anything DRASTICALLY wrong with it so far.
  • Ugh, that does not look good.
  • I want to see Lauren Faust Looney Tunes.
  • I chuckled at the second one. Also, the shape of their - um, selves kinda weirds me out in a way I can't really describe.
  • It feels like The Looney Tunes in typical Sitcom Situations. Yeah...do not want.
  • I want my four minutes back.
  • edited March 2011
    I chuckled at the second one.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Well, at least they're using the characters. Eh.
  • I'm looking forward to it. Might be entertaining, will have music, and the designs are different enough to be interesting. I'll see if it's just some stupid Johnny Test crap.
  • The newer Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons that they've been running in front of certain kids' movies in recent times have been pretty damn good, actually. This one was shown in front of Cats & Dogs 2 in the theatre:

• The newer Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons that they've been running in front of certain kids' movies in recent times have been pretty damn good, actually. This one was shown in front of Cats & Dogs 2 in the theatre:
    That cartoon has a totally different feel from the old ones, mostly due to the realistic(esque) fur and explosions. Actually, the explosion made the carnage that happens to Wile E. Coyote kind of depressing.
  • I dunno, I think it still has enough elasticity that it retains the cartoonish suspension of disbelief, while still offering a new enough spin with the visual style to make the formula feel fresh again.
  • It's more the fact that it's a realistic explosion happening to a cartoon character. It feels like it hurts more.
  • Guess that's just a difference of opinion, then. I laughed pretty hard when the explosion happened. I could just be a terrible person. ;)
  • edited March 2011
    It's more the fact that it's a realistic explosion happening to a cartoon character. It feels like it hurts more.
    Actually, the explosion made the carnage that happens to Wile E. Coyote kind of depressing.
    I was feeling bad for Wile E Coyote the whole time. Truly, he deserved none of that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I feel bad for Wile E Coyote in the original cartoon as well. Half the enjoyment as a mature person is sympathizing with the character I saw as the antagonist as a child.
  • I feel bad for Wile E Coyote in the original cartoon as well. Half the enjoyment as a mature person is sympathizing with the character I saw as the antagonist as a child.
    The "villains" are typically the more complex characters, hence why we prefer them more as adults rather than as children.
  • Guess that's just a difference of opinion, then. I laughed pretty hard when the explosion happened. I could just be a terrible person. ;)
    If so, we're both terrible people. I laughed at it too. The new animation was a little jarring at first but, getting over that, it gave me a nice shot of nostalgia.
  • Something I definitely like - Bugs is still an asshole, rather than being made all happy and friendly for the kids.