This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Paprika

edited May 2007 in Anime
This Friday Paprika is opening in New York. I'm probably going to see it. Are you?

Comments

• I wonder if they are ever gonna release it in Washington DC.
  • The two live-action Death Note movies are also coming to NY. Avoid them like the plague.
  • edited May 2007
    If it gets shown down here in Austin I might go watch it.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I've already seen it here in Minneapolis Minnesota! :D

First impression was INSANITY and confusion along the lines of Pulp Fiction the first time I saw that movie. The more I think about it though it was a really good movie that I'll be keeping an eye out for again. (Aside from DBZ and Naruto this was the first Anime I'd seen, and it was pretty weird but again...awesome upon further thought.)
  • The two live-action Death Note movies are also coming to NY. Avoid them like the plague.
    Very true. Horrible acting, horrible plot editing, and horrible CG.
  • edited May 2007
    The two live-action Death Note movies are also coming to NY. Avoid them like the plague.
    I actually had no problems with the acting and CG, it just was boring as hell. They didn't take any cues from the anime of how to make people talking and thinking exciting. So I suppose that's bad directing.
    Post edited by Sail on
    I actually had no problems with the acting and CG, it just was boring as hell. They didn't take any cues from the anime of how to make people talking and thinking exciting. So I suppose that's bad directing.
    I don't know if it was the acting, but it was just that the voices were so different than the voices in the anime that I got pissed off. I'm probably just being an idiot. But, the CG was incredibly blocky and it was very hard for me to suspend my disbelief in the same way that I did with the manga.
  • I wish their were showing it here. Dam you AZ.
  • I recently finished watching a torrent of Paprika, >_<; and it rocked. I wish I could see it in theaters, but I guess I'm stuck just getting the DVD once it's released.
  • I just found out that it's going to be showing in St. Louis(where I live) and I'm definitely going to go see it.
  • and yet again the grand total of locations showing the latest anime feature in the UK equals
    *Drum roll*
    *prat fall music*
  • Not to necro an old thread but...

I just finished watching this movie via NetFlix on the 360 and I am kicking myself for not watching it sooner.

When I started watching it I was reminded of the old movie Dreamscape and was almost expecting something similar. Paprika does have some similarities to DreamScape but it is a much better movie all the way around. If you have not seen it yet you can watch it instantly via the NetFlix.
  • edited March 2009
    Not to necro an old thread but...
    Haven't we gone over this several times? We established that posting in an old thread with a new comment or point is a good thing. It is far better than making a new thread and re-hashing the same discussion. It also brings new light on an old topic - which is nice.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Not to necro an old thread but...
    Haven't we gone over this several times? We established that posting in an old thread with a new comment or point is agoodthing. It is far better than making a new thread and re-hashing the same discussion. It also brings new light on an old topic - which is nice.
    Didn't he do exactly what he was supposed to? All this does is derail the thread.

I was sitting at work, alone. I had with me cup noodles and the movie. after I finished everything I could do, and it was dark outside, I decided to make cup noodles and watch Paprika, in the office. It felt kind of unreal, much like the anime itself.
  • Oh, yeah, I watched this in club a few months back. It's good, but I greatly prefer other Kon works.
  • Paprika is great. love the soundtrack. i love all the stuff Susumu Hirasawa does. It has one of my favorite pieces in Japanese animation, the intro.
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry I was on a roll...
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Paprika is great. love the soundtrack. i love all the stuff Susumu Hirasawa does. It has one of my favorite pieces in Japanese animation, the intro.
    My favorite song was the Parade music.
  • me too. Don't fall asleep to that song it will give you messed up dreams. I like the music that he does for Berserk. It's overused in the show but so damn good that i didn't care.