This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots Redux

edited January 2007 in Forum Game
It's a forum favorite, let's see everyones desktops.

My Laptop

Comments

Ah, the good ol' work Mac.
  • edited January 2007
    Here is the picture that is on my desktop. It was taken by me.

Can anyone tell where it was taken?

Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Here's my background pic, my desktop is a cluttered mess no one wants to see. It's the wallpaper Gabe made for the last Cardboard Tube Samurai comic, and I have a widescreen laptop, hence the resolution. I wish more people made widescreen wallpapers. If you like it but don't want the widescreen it was posted on the news page of the first part of the Hawk and the Hare.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/hh1_1600x1200.jpg.
  • I wish more people made widescreen wallpapers.
    You think you've got it bad with widescreen? Try getting dual screens bub. Even worse, dual wide screens.
  • I think one of the worst might be my current config, dual widescreens with the second screen arranged vertically and offset to the main monitor by around 50%.

Hell, I'd settle for a decent vertical wallpaper.
  • Here is a contrived Screenshot of my Mac running E17 on Ubuntu inside Parallels. I usually run Parallels in fullscreen on one of my virtual desktops, but that doesn't make as nice of a picture.

• How's e17 working out for you? I like the way it works, but I don't like any of the available themes. Why is the default theme so ugly? I mean, everything looks like lumpy dirty gold. Is e17 just for pimps?
  • E17 runs pretty nicely, I think it may be actually faster then the Mac OS that it's running inside of ;-). Getting it installed took a bit of time. I had to add some repositories to apt to be able to download it and build it. I just met a guy who runs E17 full time and has a new build with a really nice dark theme.

I think it was Night Bling on the Get-E themes page.

• I think it was Night Bling on theGet-E themes page.
    Yeah, I've tried all the themes on that page. They all bother me. They just seem to lack that extra bit of polish to make them easy on the eyes in addition to candy for the eyes. I like the way e17 works, but using it makes me feel like I'm using fluxbox, fvwm or some other window manager from the 90s. I have a feeling I'll be using mostly Gnome and Xfce for a long time to come.
  • I don't have a showable desktop yet, I just got my brand new computer, with the 12 kinds of awesome, but when I'm done making it go I shall post.
  • Sorry for the bump, but here's mine (a combination of three of my favorite things):

• I NEED THAT WALLPAPER
    If you don't recognise the picture, you owe it to yourself to check out FLIGHT.
  • edited April 2007
    FLIGHT is one of the greatest comic collections ever! I hope they release a fourth book soon. Your desktop is beautiful.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Mamath, I'm begging you. Please clean up all of those useless icons on your desktop! I can't sleep thinking about it... must... clear... junk... for... function... ality... ARGH!
  • Mamath, I'm begging you. Please clean up all of those useless icons on your desktop! I can't sleep thinking about it... must... clear... junk... for... function... ality... ARGH!
    Launchy FTW
  • Launchy has just become my new best friend.
    If you think I'M bad...
    FLIGHTis one of the greatest comic collections ever! I hope they release a fourth book soon. Your desktop is beautiful.
    Fourth book comes out in July!
  • Kilarny: That's Disney sea in Tokyo isn't it!
  • Pit is my man.

• edited May 2007
    I don't know how appropriate it would be for me to show my desktop on here since it has two half naked(the top half) all hugging up on each other.  I had to add some extra white to the left sde of it to fill out the widescreen ration(I sit at 1680x1050).

Here are some of my most often used wallpapers. The third one is the one that I mentioned before.

GunSmith Cats Wallpaper

GitS Wallpaper

my usual wallpaper
    Post edited by WallyBman on
  • I don't know how appropriate it would be for me to show my desktop on here since it has two half naked(the top half) all hugging up on each other.  I had to add some extra white to the left sde of it to fill out the widescreen ration(I sit at 1680x1050).
    Here are some of my most often used wallpapers. The third one is the one that I mentioned before. GunSmith Cats Wallpaper GitS Wallpaper my usual wallpaperlol @ third paper
    Doesn't that distract you?
  • Actually, it HELPS keep my attention on the computer, believe it or not. My girlfriend's computer is in front of the couch, which is next to my recliner, where my computer is. She is fairly distracting, to say the least, so two fairly distracting chicks helps to keep me on task.
  • Here is my current wallpaper
    Fair warning, it's a gigantic picture, actually higher res than my laptop is. My desktop is an utter mess, I hope to organize my computer much better some day but for now I'm too lazy.
  • I used to have a "AH'M CHARCHIN' MAH LAZER!!!" wallpapper, but then the artist corrected it "IMMA CHARCHIN' MAH LAZER!!!".
    Now I'm just using phoenix wright as a wallpaper.

And yes, wide screens are a nightmare when it comes to wallpapers, so I usually crop them myself.
  • Thread revival! (Click for full version)

/Apologies for horrible MSPaint JPEG compression