This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gamemaster's Series Games

edited May 2007 in Board Games
Hey I recently listened to the episode regarding the Gamemaster's series of games and I was particularly interested in Shogun but have been unable to locate it in any stores. Does anyone know of any stores that carry this game or other games mentioned on the show such as Puerto Rico and other German board games?

Comments

• edited May 2007
    Why not just order it online? Those are stupid popular games, they shouldn't be hard to find at all.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I was mainly interested in getting the game for tomorrow night and ordering online would take longer but if thats my only option I can track it down on Amazon fairly easily.
  • Ok, well, what's your area like? Are you in a city?
  • I'm about 15 minutes South of Chicago.
  • edited May 2007
    Google Maps comes up with a few shops. Sorry, I only know of west coast game store chains.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hey thanks a lot for your help. Have you actually played any of the board games they talk about on the show? I want to take a few back down to Purdue with me in the fall but I don't know which ones would be the best.
  • The game is now called Samurai Swords. Make sure you get the right game. This is the game you want: www.boardgamegeek.com/game/221. I think you might have a hard time finding it. I do not think it is currently in print.
  • Okay. Well I'll just try and e-bay it then. Speaking of which, what is the premise of Puerto Rico?
  • Okay. Well I'll just try and e-bay it then. Speaking of which, what is the premise of Puerto Rico?
    You are all business men in Puerto Rico trying to produce goods and sell them. You construct buildings to to help you along the way. Whoever is the awesomest businessman wins. www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3076
  • I'm waiting for the sister game of Puerto Rico, Cuba, to come out. In Cuba it works much the same as Puerto Rico but there is a revolution track that slowly ticks forward until the revolutionaries attack and steal all your stuff.
  • edited May 2007
    I've never played Shogun, but I have played Fortress America, which I enjoyed greatly.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Does $18.50 sound like a fair price for a used copy of Shogun?
  • Does $18.50 sound like a fair price for a used copy of Shogun?
    If it's the right game, and it has all the pieces in good condition, then I would definitely pay that.
  • If I had to pick between buying Caylus, Fury of Dracula, Shogun, or Settlers of Cataan which one would you recommend purchasing first?