This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Startup Games

edited April 2011 in Board Games
Hey Guys & Gals!

I live in California, in the Fresno area, and it has been a long time since I have done any board/card gaming. In this area it is very rare to find people into these kind of things, or at least I can't seem to find them. I want to start this up, find people to do things like this more. I am trying to find people in the Fresno area to do this with and if you are around here and interested whisper to me. Also I think I will leave this post open for others to find each other as I am not sure if there is one on here yet. Anyways looking forward to getting responses!

...oh post here too if you are interested :P Let people know if this is getting popular response or not.

-Ori

Comments

• FRCF WEST COAST CREW, ASSEMBLE!
  • FRCF WEST COAST CREW, ASSEMBLE AT PAX PRIME!
  • FRCF WEST COAST CREW, ASSEMBLE DOWN THE PUB!
  • Can I suggest this game?

For real though, your best bets are to go into the geographic area forums on BoardGameGeek.com, or to try scouring Meetup.com for some like-minded groups.
  • Fresno is a 4 hour drive for me but if all west coaster FRCF Cali members appear? Worth it. Lets talk. Sonic? Sail? Any other Cali peeps I'm unaware of?
  • Fresno is really far D:
  • I figured Fresno may not be the board game hotspot. Which is why I'm in this situation. However, I may be willing to travel a bit for something like this.

Also thanks for the site suggestions, I will definitely check them out. :)
  • If you wanted to drive to LA for a weekend, I've heard that Strategicon and Orc Con are pretty good as far as hotel board gaming cons go.
  • Anyone here in the north of Boston area (as in the NOBLE library area)?
  • Midwest Crew gets no love, man.
  • Fresno is a 4 hour drive for me but if all west coaster FRCF Cali members appear? Worth it. Lets talk. Sonic? Sail? Any other Cali peeps I'm unaware of?
    There's a couple of newbies. Check out the Identify yourself thread.

Anyways, Its only a few hours and change for me. I'd be cool doing a lil road trip up to fresno. On a summer weekend. God know I've driven longer for less.