This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Adventure time.

edited February 2011 in Manga/Comics
The absolute greatest cartoon of the Decade. Not one show comes close to how imaginative it is. It's so indescribably good and well animated that it puts most award winning animations and films to shame. But it may never get the popularity it deserves, seeing as it is a show that is very adult oriented though aimed at kids. The content sometimes borders on the offensive and sometimes horrifying and grotesque ( as in the episode where they turn a bird inside out and its organs squealch and squirm while it tries to flap its wings and die in flight).

Do it. Watch it.

Comments

• I've watched maybe two episodes of this show and I enjoyed them. I would definitely watch it again if it happened to be on TV somewhere, but I do most of my television watching via DVDs from Netflix and I do not have a DVR. My satellite TV package probably doesn't have that channel anyway.
  • A decade is a long time! There have been some *pretty* good shows in this category.. Zim, ATHF, Venture...

But yeah, this program rocks. I love it.
  • A decade is a long time! There have been some *pretty* good shows in this category.. Zim, ATHF, Venture...

But yeah, this program rocks. I love it.
    Will you kill me if I say that I didn't really like Invader Zim? Because that seems a likely outcome of the fan base.
  • Will you kill me if I say that I didn't really like Invader Zim? Because that seems a likely outcome of the fan base.
    No, certainly not. That would be rude.

Where did you say you lived again? Just wondering.
  • I think everyone is forgetting the true best cartoon of the past 10 years, Avatar: the Last Airbender.
  • I think everyone is forgetting the true best cartoon of the last Decade "Wolverine and the X-men". It's a crime that show didn't get a second season....
  • I really enjoyed watching just CLIPS from the first episodes...I really need to do it, I just sadly don't get Cartoon Network. (And I always thought they were really shitty in terms of scheduling)
  • I'm reviving this thread to say that the new gender swap episode of adventure time will have Neil Patrick Harris as Prince Gumball, as well as the season finale had Ron Perlman as the Lich. SUCK IT MLP!
  • I'm reviving this thread to say that the new gender swap episode of adventure time will have Neil Patrick Harris as Prince Gumball, as well as the season finale had Ron Perlman as the Lich. SUCK IT MLP!
    Were you the person that brought MLP:FiM to the forums to begin with?
    Were you the person that brought MLP:FiM to the forums to begin with?
    His is the first post in the MLP thread, so yes.
  • Nooooo..... this is an adventure time thread.... talk about adventure time....
    what about the season finale? did you like that? How about what happened to princess bubblegum? wasn't that wild?
  • Awesome, to say the least.
  • Is "Joshua and Margaret Investigations" really the newest episode? I really missed nothing while failing to check for new episodes this entire month?
  • RymRym
    edited December 2014
    And suddenly a blitz of episodes.

Jake the Brick was easily my favorite of the new batch.
    Post edited by Rym on