This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hajime no Ippo

Comments

• Love HnI. Is one of the shows that gets me pumped to work out.

Ippo, as well as other series that constantly praise it (e.g. Bakuman), has really made me want to read or watch Ashita no Joe. Unfortunately, it's basically available nowhere. I believe the chronic health hazards are thematic touched upon a bit more in it.
    Saizen has subbed AnJ up to episode 17, but it has taken them 3 years to get that far. So I wouldn't recommend picking it up unless you have the patients to wait for months between releases.
  • Does anyone know where I can *ahem* get a hold of the first season of the anime? I got New Challenger, but that's the second season, and I'd prefer to start at the beginning.
  • Are you asking us to provide you with links to illegal pirated material?
  • BakaBT is generally a good source.
  • BakaBT is generally a good source.
    Go to google.com. Search for

site:bakabt.com hajime no ippo

That's the secrets of getting anime torrents.
  • Thanks all for the information. I was just asking for "research" purposes.
  • edited May 2011
    oh yeah, for that book you're writing:

I Didn't Pirate Hajime no Ippo, but if I did, this is how I'd have done it by jabrams007
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • oh yeah, for that book you're writing:

I Didn't Pirate Hajime no Ippo, but if I did, this is how I'd have done it by jabrams007
    Have you been talking to my publicist? ;)
  • Nobody on this forum needs to lie about pirating.
  • Why in this show does every opener and closer suck, but then you get used to them?

• How does that suck?
  • How does that suck?
    I actually like the first one better, and even that one had to grow on me.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm three episodes in. This is AWESOME.

I'd like to read the manga, but it's 80 over 90 volumes long and still going.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • @WuB do like chaosof99 was saying and watch what's out and pick up from ~400. That's almost half of the manga...ish.
  • Oh, that sounds better.
  • HnI's one of the few things I'd rather watch than read (like Initial D; there's no eurobeat in the manga and that's just wrong).
  • edited May 2011
    Also, car racing is boring as shit in comic form.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I was also overwhelmed when I first started: "I'm I really going to read 850 chapters" or however many it was then? But I read plenty of other long things, and it's basically like reading two or three other long series put together. The volume of a series isn't really a strike against a series, if the quality holds up. And for HnI it does pretty well.

But yeah, if you watch the anime, you can forget about the first 399 chapters. Just pick up at 400 and you'll be ready to go. Anime sticks very close to the manga, so there won't be anything you'll miss out on.
  • So 400 is the exact chapter to start on after watching every anime series?
  • Oh shits! They totally pulled an Ashita no Joe (with less death) in episode 34.
  • I just saw, I can't believe, I don't even.
  • Episode 42 has the best bargle noise ever.
  • That title match! Goddamn!
  • Finished series 1.
  • That was quick. 12 days for 76 episodes?
  • Anyone else pissed nothing is happening in the latest chapters?
    Anything is possible with Fighting Spirit.
    That was quick. 12 days for 76 episodes?
    Anything is possible with Fighting Spirit.
    I used Sakki.
  • World Champion HAX

That is all.