This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070606 - Elk's Run

RymRym
edited June 2007 in Manga/Comics
Tonight on GeekNights we review the hot new comic Elk's Run.  In the news, Kentaro Haneda has passed away, and Otakon is not on the ball.
Scott's Thing - Rice Cooker Bread

Rym's Thing - Must Crush Capitalism

Comments

• There is no "Let's do this!" in your intro. Epic fail.
  • edited June 2007
    Because Scott can't relate his "thing of the day" to anime (another fail) I'll relate it to anime for him. Yakitate! Japan teaches you how to make bread in a rice cooker in the end of one of the volumes of the manga ( volume 3 I think ), they also show you how to make it at the end of one of the episodes of the anime. I don't know if this recipe was taken directly from the anime, but there I did Scott's research for him.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • Did Vinny from DEXCON get a hold of you guys?
    Who on the what now?
  • Thanks for reminding me of one of the funniest Simpson's things ever. Unfortunately it came just days after I finished my Russian history topic. I could've spent all semester pretending to be Lenin.
  • There is no "Let's do this!" in your intro. Epic fail.All right.  I wondered if anyone would point that out.  The situation is thus:
    1. We record, edit, and master with Rezound, because it's basically the best single-track wave editor in existence despite its flaws.
    2. We mixdown in Audacity, simply because it's a fast and efficient multi-track editor.  This is where all of the music and bumpers are added.
    Due to obscure problems with my new computer that we're still working out, Audacity will hard crash the system in short order.  No other application has this ability.  (Rezound will sometimes soft crash, but that is just part of the charm... ^_~)
    Now, despite Audacity's numerous and profound flaws, it's the quickest and most efficient multi-track editor out there for our purposes. Now that I (currently) can not use it, I need a replacement.  It takes me at least a day or two to become usefully proficient with an audio suite.  In the meantime, simply to get the show to you, I've been mixing it entirely in Rezound.  Leaving out the "Let's Do This" is simply a matter of convenience, as I do not have the luxury of multiple tracks.

• Because Scott can't relate his "thing of the day" to anime (another fail) I'll relate it to anime for him.Yakitate! Japanteaches you how to make bread in a rice cooker in the end of one of the volumes of the manga ( volume 3 I think ), they also show you how to make it at the end of one of the episodes of the anime. I don't know if this recipe was taken directly from the anime, but there I did Scott's research for him.I was about to say that!, I made one last month by using the manga and it was great :P
  • Because Scott can't relate his "thing of the day" to anime (another fail) I'll relate it to anime for him.Yakitate! Japanteaches you how to make bread in a rice cooker in the end of one of the volumes of the manga ( volume 3 I think ), they also show you how to make it at the end of one of the episodes of the anime. I don't know if this recipe was taken directly from the anime, but there I did Scott's research for him.
    I was about to say that!, I made one last month by using the manga and it was great :PI was also gonna post about that...
    While we're pointing out missing, semi-minor things, today i just noticed the new outro doesn't have the CC license info.
    While we're pointing out missing, semi-minor things, today i just noticed the new outro doesn't have the CC license info.
    It's actually not the new outro, it's the old one. The new one is 1:30 and the old one is :30. Sometimes they use it by accident.
  • edited June 2007
    Why don't you guys just do some of podcast at Otakon. You guys can talked about how bad Otakon is. Spawn and Marvel are the only comics that I read.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • Why don't you guys just do some of podcast at Otakon. You guys can talked about how bad Otakon is.
    You really don't know them at all, do you?
  • That would be really funny. Just make it a ten minutes long.
  • You guys can talked about how bad Otakon is.
    When? Between the parts where they kept saying that Otakon is their favorite con like, a thousand times?
  • edited June 2007
    If you listed to their podcast they think this year it might be bad con because their having been returning their e-mails. So might be bad con for them this year. Who knows but thats what I think.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • WHERE'S MR. PERIOD!!!
  • Why does Elk's Run sound so much like that M Shamalot movie the Village?

It was the one where it seems like everyone is living in some 17th century American town but we later find out they are all living on a wild life preserve type of thing?
  • Why does Elk's Run sound so much like that M Shamalot movie the Village? It was the one where it seems like everyone is living in some 17th century American town but we later find out they are all living on a wild life preserve type of thing?
    These people definitely know where they are living, and it is modern times. The situation is as it seems, Elk's Run is all about the breakdown of that situation.