This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Old TV Shows

Old TV Shows. Love em. My favorite: Hogans Heroes.
Hogan's Heroes is an American television sitcom that ran for 168 episodes from September 17, 1965, to March 28, 1971, on the CBS network. The show was set in a German prisoner of war (POW) camp during the Second World War. Bob Crane had the starring role as Colonel Robert E. Hogan, who coordinated an international crew of Allied prisoners running a Special Operations group from the camp. The program also featured Werner Klemperer as Colonel Wilhelm Klink, the commandant of the camp, and John Banner as the inept sergeant-of-the-guard, Schultz.
The show's premise was that the POWs were actually active war participants, using the camp as a base of operations for Allied espionage and sabotage against the Germans or the German Armed Forces. The prisoners could leave and return almost at will via a secret network of tunnels and had radio contact with Allied command. They were aided by the incompetence of the camp commandant, Colonel Klink, and the Sergeant Of The Guard, Sergeant Schultz.
9OK8PRsRDXc
JX2-ly2Xru4
iRs8XEffFKs

Comments

• edited May 2011
    By far my favorite clip from an old TV show. Watch the whole thing!
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Prisoner. End of discussion. You haven't seen it? Shame on you!
  • imageOld compared to some things.
  • As much as I love Freakazoid it's not exactly old enough.
  • You bitches just don't know!

This is exactly what I was going to say. The Prisoner is such an amazing, artful show and I am always so surprised that it isn't more popular among this crowd. It's got sci-fi, espionage, and mind-fuckery. Everyone go watch it. Make sure it's the original 1967 show and not the shitty remake.
  • edited May 2011
    I could watch Gilligan's Island all day.
    Post edited by Jason on
    This is exactly what I was going to say. The Prisoner is such an amazing, artful show and I am always so surprised that it isn't more popular among this crowd. It's got sci-fi, espionage, and mind-fuckery. Everyone go watch it. Make sure it's the original 1967 show and not the shitty remake.
    You are Number Six.
  • You are Number Six.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. :P
  • I'm not sure if this counts, but I did watch it when it was on AMC's "The Three Stooges Hour."

• I was watching an episode of Doctor Who when suddenly there was an faceless face in the episode and that brought to my memories a series called Sapphire & Steel. It originally ran from 1979 to 1982 (so tells wikipedia), I saw some episodes of it late 90s or early 2000s, somewhere there when it was showing on the television here.

Now when I'm reminded of this, I kinda want to seek it out and watch all of it. Or at least enough to to find out is it actually good enough to even watch wholly.
  • I watched a ton of classic TV when I was a kid. All In The Family and Get Smart were two of my favorites. Lately, though, I've been catching up on what I missed in the 90's.