This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Computer versions of German board games

edited June 2007 in Board Games
At this link I found some fan made German board games you can play on the computer. Has anyone tried any of these or do they know if I could get a good idea of playing the games?

Comments

• I downloaded a single player version of Settlers of Catan a while back but the computer players always cheated when trading.
  • I downloaded a single player version of Settlers of Catan a while back but the computer players always cheated when trading.
    If you are trading that much, you aren't playing properly.

If you are trading that much, you aren't playing properly.

I wasn't doing the trading, the computer players were. They were doing stupid trades too, 3 wood for a sheep when the other guy has a wood harbor! It was just irritating.

To make matters worse the computer would offer you a sheep for your two wood. If you decline it would then trade with another computer player and get an ore for that same sheep. It would not even offer the ore for sheep trade to you if you had 50 ore cards!
  • edited June 2007
    I take it that I could not get into German board gaming via these then?
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Here is a good list on BGG;

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8323

I find the computer version on San Juan the most fun. Requires some modification to get a couple of the cards working.

Enjoy!
  • Steve, it's probably just shitty AI... The AI on the Live version, however, are a bunch of cheating pricks! They DO NOT LOSE.