This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

edited June 2011 in Suggestions
I know there is a cooking thread, but this isn't about cooking. Instead let's have a nice suggestion of delicious foods thread.

I rarely eat pizza, but every now and then I go to Papa Murphy's. recently came out with a new pizza called the Thai Chicken deLITE that comes ona crispy thin crust that's topped with a sweep Thai chili glaze, premium grilled chicken, zucchini, onions and more. I really enjoy non conventional pizzas and this is very delicious. Adding sriracha sauce makes the pizza even better.

I know there is better pizza out there, but this one is pretty good for a decent price.

Comments

• thin crust
    Fail.

FAIL.
  • It's a preference. I like eating more toppings and less dough.
  • edited June 2011
    DEEP DISH SUPERIOR

THIN CRUST INFERIOR

(That's a Pizzeria Due "Due Special," in my opinion the best pizza in Chicago. Dat cornmeal crust. Also, Chicago Deep Dish is the epitomy of "more toppings.")
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2011
    I know there is a cooking thread, but this isn't about cooking. Instead let's have a nice suggestion of delicious foods thread.

I rarely eat pizza, but every now and then I go to Papa Murphy's. recently came out with a new pizza called the Thai Chicken deLITE that comes ona crispy thin crust that's topped with a sweep Thai chili glaze, premium grilled chicken, zucchini, onions and more. I really enjoy non conventional pizzas and this is very delicious. Adding sriracha sauce makes the pizza even better.

I know there is better pizza out there, but this one is pretty good for a decent price.

That looks really good. Papa Murphys does take home and bake deal. The Thai chili glaze sounds good but I think I would rather have that on the side that way I can control how much I want per slice. Sriracha goes on almost everything I eat also. :)
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Too much dough and crust is too filling. I can only eat so much.

• edited June 2011
    Speaking as someone who loves deep dish pizzas, the amount of crust doesn't really matter. Toppings and ingredients are the only things that really matter, assuming that it is cooked properly, cause that matters too.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • Hey now. I'm really sorry you feel that way about me, but that's really not how I am at all. I'm only facetiously like that, and generally only about pizza. And sometimes soccer and Spain. I'm also somewhat offended that you'd drop me in the same camp as Nine.
  • It's only in jest. It's just annoying that people say another person's preference is inferior when it's just a matter of taste, especially when it comes to food.
  • Okay, as long as we're cool. ^_^
  • It's only in jest. It's just annoying that people say another person's preference is inferior when it's just a matter of taste, especially when it comes to food.
    But that's why there's the phrase "bad taste". They wouldn't have a phrase if it wasn't a thing.
  • edited June 2011
    I had Beef Short Ribs for the first time today, that I made after marinating them for two hours, searing them, sauteing shallots/onions/jalapenos in the pan and braised the ribs in the oven for like, 2 and 1/2 Hours. The dutch oven was brown as hell, but...

HOLY FUCK, THESE WERE GOOD.

...my brother is making stock from the bones, grease and the vegetables we couldn't scrape off the pot as I type this.

EDIT: Thin Crust is Awesome.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I like pizzas of all crust sizes.
  • I like pizzas of all crust sizes.
    Aye, most styles of pizza have their merits.
  • Sometimes I like to get wild and have a thick crust and a thin crust pizza. Because that's how I roll. Pizza rolls.
  • It's a preference.
    You're right. For some people, raping babies is just a preference too. And those people like deep-dish pizza.

Thin crust all the way.
  • You're right. For some people, raping babies is just a preference too. And those people like deep-dish pizza.

Thin crust all the way.
    And this is why Pete is awesome.
  • You're right. For some people, raping babies is just a preference too. And those people like deep-dish pizza.

Thin crust all the way.
    And this is why Pete is awesome.
  • I had a hamburger from an Irish butcher.

Delicious.
  • I take all sizes big and small.

I am a terror to all Pizza.

//Though I like thick crust a bit more :-p
  • edited June 2011
    I like pizzas of all crust sizes
    Totally. I like both NY and Chicago style.
    My Nom of the day is Bahn Mi from Paris Sandwich.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Talenti makes a mean gelato. Belgian milk chocolate is tasty, but caramel cookie crunch is better.
  • Talenti makes a mean gelato. Belgian milk chocolate is tasty, but caramel cookie crunch is better.
    Man, I was eating that stuff yesterday, it's damn good. Belgian Milk is my favorite...but I've only tried those two. What else is good?

Probably going to have Mexican today. The place I go to here is cheap and gives you TONS of food.
  • What else is good?
    Nuri likes the double chocolate whatever one. It's way too chocolately for me.

I've only had those three.
  • Went to the Big Apple BBQ today.

http://www.bigapplebbq.org/

The way it seems to work is that each pit master serves exactly one thing, with no choices. It costs $8 each. $2 for a drink.

I ate St. Louis-Style Ribs from Checkered pig, which came with a side of salad that looked like cole slaw, but wasn't.
    I also ate Baby Back Ribs form 17th Street Bar and Grill that came with a side of beans.

Both ribs were really good, but they didn't blow my mind. They were probably the second or third best ribs I've had. They didn't come close to the soul food night in Fishkill. I think I prefer St. Louis-Style in general.

The salad blob did not look appetizing, but it was actually really great! It was just finely chopped lettuce, cabbage, red onion, and green pepper all slawed together in a scoopable blob. But there was some kind of dressing on there that was invisible and had almost no consistency, but it tasted great. Was excellent at clearing the pallet to enjoy the full flavor of other foods.

The beans... WERE INSANE. Best beans I've had in my life. Thank god they gave me two scoops, or I would have had to murder someone to get more. I found the bean recipe. I'm doing it the next chance I get.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=10868530

You can also have the beans shipped. I might do it for comparison purposes.

http://shop.17thstreetbarbecue.com/product.sc?productId=27&categoryId=7

I may go back tomorrow. Most of the places you could walk right up and get food, except Big Bob Gibson who had an insane line for his pulled pork shoulder.

The last thing I got was a fried pie for $4. There was a long line, but it was mostly because they couldn't make the popular flavors as fast as people bought them. I got apricot, which they had plenty of. It was not disappoint. A cross between a funnel cake and a pie crust in the shape of a flat calzone with hot real fruit filling.

http://www.theoriginalfriedpieshop.com/
  • Nuri likes the double chocolate whatever one. It's way too chocolately for me.
    Wus.
  • I'm finally back at home again. As such, I just had a delicious steak, a delicacy that cannot be had at the Seattle University food places.
  • @Apreche if you ever find yourself in Austin you really must go to the Salt Lick in Driftwood. It's one of the last BBQ establishments that has an open pit.

Post-Graduation Sushi Boat; if you live in the Portland area, that's from Sinju.
  • I was about to describe the food I've had over the past three days, and I realized two paragraphs in that I had only described the restaurant and the first two appetizers of the first night. This'll have to wait until tomorrow.
  • edited June 2011
    So I am at Black Bear diner and I don't know why it took so long for me check out this restaurant. This place is great. The serve huge portions for less than $10. Today I am having Portuguese sausage, eggs over easy, hash browns, and a BISCUIT.

Post edited by Rochelle on