This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What does your desk look like?

edited June 2011 in Everything Else

Comments

• Mine is fairly cluttered right now that I'm too embarrassed to take a picture. Perhaps after I clean up. :P
  • Mine is fairly cluttered right now that I'm too embarrassed to take a picture. Perhaps after I clean up. :P
    Pffff... I'm pretty sure mine is in worse conditions than yours.
  • A desk inside a desk? Deskception?
  • WE NEED TO GO DEEPER!
  • I'm at home right now. My desk usually a lot messier when I'm at school.
  • I used to have a desk, back when I had a tower computer. Now I just have a table that holds random shit next to my bed. That's not worth taking a photo of.
  • For the PC being dead it sure seems like a lot of these desks have desktop PCs on them.
  • For the PC being dead it sure seems like a lot of these desks have desktop PCs on them.
    We're all nerds.
  • edited June 2011
    Edit: This topic prompted me to clean my desk. I did and I took a new picture with a proper camera. (Those who looked at this topic before the edit got to see it messy, those seeing it after, HAHA, YOU'LL NEVER FIND IT!)

edit2: I just realized the recursive-ness...
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Spice and Wolf poster. I approve.
  • That wall sure is Moe.

• Won't even apologize for all untidiness of the desk, that's its natural state, except for the PS2 which will go to the floor when I get myself to hook it up.
  • I did some sprucing up. Yes, I have a lot of stuff around my desk.

• So, does everyone have two monitors these days?
    I have only television that I happen to use as a second monitor. Most of the time. When I'm not playing on consoles.
  • edited June 2011
    So, does everyone have two monitors these days?
    I did, but my space is a little smaller now, so I've only got the one - I can't fit both on my desk, even though one monitor is rather smaller than the other.
    Post edited by Churba on
    I've had two monitors for over a decade.
    I really enjoy two (or more) monitors when I am at my desk, I've had two at every desk (work & home) since 2003 and whenever someone comments about it I always get reminded that while it is much more common these days, many people still only use one monitor.

• edited June 2011
    I notice a distinct lack of Dell Ultrasharps out there. Some of you have them, but most of you are FAIL.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited June 2011

My desk at college was/will be cooler.

And I'm gonna get a desktop this summer.

But my desk right now is still pitiful.

EDIT: Also, ignore the random writing (Mostly "rigatroni"). This desk once belonged to my stepsister, and she's crazy.
    Post edited by Axel on
    I briefly looked into getting a third, but I can't really afford it since I'd have to purchase a second GPU as well.
  • I notice a distinct lack of Dell Ultrasharps out there. Some of you have them, but most of you are FAIL.
    I have one and that's good enough for me.
    So, does everyone have two monitors these days?
    Since I have two at my work, I feel I need it at home. I definitely used it to have Netflix on one monitor as I either played games or explored the internets on the other.
  • I notice a distinct lack of Dell Ultrasharps out there. Some of you have them, but most of you are FAIL.
    Having seen an Ultrasharp recently, I can say they're nice but not worth that much unless you can get one cheap second hand.

Also, installing the drivers for the card reader killed the system I was setting up.
  • I have a 1080p TV that serves as a second monitor for media stuff. My "third monitor" is an IPS screen on the Lenovo X220 I use.

I don't have an Ultrasharp, but I'm also college-student poor and have more important stuff to spend my money on right now, like board games, books, backpacking gear, and airfare/hostel fees.
  • edited June 2011
    Apparently I'm the only one with a desktop PC with only one monitor.

Post edited by Sail on
  • We have matching Yoshi figurines!
  • edited June 2011
    Apparently I'm the only one with a desktop PC with only one monitor
    Nah, I only have one proper monitor on my desk. The TV is a few feet away on a bookshelf.

EDIT: Also, +1 for Fillerbunny tube.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on