This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Vanilla Mobile?

edited June 2011 in Forum Stuff
I was wondering if there are plans of turning on the mobile vanilla feature? I spend most of my forum browsing on the iPod touch. And it would be great if this feature was added.

Comments

• How about a kindle variant too?
  • Considering that I'm currently posting from my phone in the middle of nowhere, the idea of mobile optimized Vanilla sounds good.
  • I was wondering if there are plans of turning on the mobile vanilla feature?
    At least on my Nexus S, the forum is just as usable from the phone as it is from a PC.
  • There is a mobile view in the newer versions of Vanilla(example), but I prefer the version we're currently running.
  • Don't get me wrong the forum is quite useable at it is. It just would be nice to have the mobile version on as a option. @Sail I don't for certain for Vanilla but on other sites that have the mobile option. The sites allow the user to switch to the full version if they prefer.
  • I know, I linked to an example of the new Vanilla. The mobile view is different from the "desktop" view.
  • I've been slowly planning to upgrade to the newer vanilla, but it requires substantial coding work to make it backwards compatible with our current extensions.