This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Netflix Watch It Now

Comments

• Blade Runner is listed here as "Action Sci-Fi." Is it really?
    Yes.
    I don't think so. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I can only remember two scenes of violence that could be considered to be an "action scene" in any conventional sense. (I'm talking about Harrison Ford shooting that woman and his fight with Rutger Hauer)
  • In my view, that's enough to qualify it.
  • Blade Runner is listed here as "Action Sci-Fi." Is it really?
    Yes.
    Moderately so. It's a little talky for an action movie. I'd agree with lack of cheese.
  • Blade Runner is back on streaming? Sweet!
  • So, Power Rangers is on Netflix. My inner 10 year old wants to watch so bad.
    I saw that the movie is on there, but is the actual TV show on streaming?
    I saw that the movie is on there, but is the actual TV show on streaming?
    Yup. ~170 episodes.
    My inner 10 year old wants to stay away from it, lest my childhood memories be shattered by how cringe-worthy the show probably actually is.
    My inner 10 year old wants to stay away from it, lest my childhood memories be shattered by how cringe-worthy the show probably actually is.
    My little brother found it on netflix. We watched it. It's more cringe worthy than you could ever imagine. So much so that even my 5 year old brother wanted to stop watching and just watch some Avatar and My Little Pony re-runs.
  • Three pages, and still no Netflix in Europe...
    That's the same reason I'm not watching all the stuff I used to love on CrunchyRoll or other streaming sites.

Still can't believe I thought that Sailor Moon dub was decent...
  • My 10 year old self now is super sad. :(
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

U MAD, BRO?

Seriously though, that sucks.
    Why this thread and all casual mentions of Netflix, like it's something that everyone has gives me bitter rage.
  • I went through the list of movies to rate in order to get suggestions, and Zardoz was on it. Should I feel proud or terrible that Netflix thought I had probably seen it?
  • Jackie Chan Adventures is still awesome.
  • Jackie Chan Adventures is still awesome.
    I rewatched a few episodes of that about a month ago. That show was an integral part of weeknights during the summer.

10:00-10:30 "Jackie Chan Adventures"
    10:30-11:00 "That X-Men Show Who's Name I Don't Remember; You Know, the One where They're All in Highschool"
    11:00 bed
  • 10:30-11:00 "That X-Men Show Who's Name I Don't Remember; You Know, the One where They're All in Highschool"
    XMen: Evolution
  • edited June 2011
    Much obliged.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of Gurren Laggan last night on Netflix since it is being removed next month. I can't tell if I like it or not yet. It seems childish in explaining and setting things up, like it would be a good anime for kids. But the way they animate the girl makes it something for adults.
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of Gurren Laggan last night on Netflix since it is being removed next month. I can't tell if I like it or not yet. It seems childish in explaining and setting things up, like it would be a good anime for kids. But the way they animate the girl makes it something for adults.
    Why are you watching new stuff when you should be finishing Cowboy Bebop? :P
  • edited June 2011
    Why are you watching new stuff when you should be finishing Cowboy Bebop? :P
    I'm waiting for the next disc to arrive on Netflix. I did a stupid thing and started looking up scenes on YouTube from Cowboy Bebop and came across the scene where Spike was thrown out of the window by the white haired guy. Oh man!!! Some of these animes have THE BEST talent in story telling and presentation. I hope I didn't ruin too much of upcoming episodes.

So anyways, I figured I'd better watch something else while I'm waiting for the Bebop disc.
    Post edited by bodtchboy on
  • I'm waiting for the next disc to arrive on Netflix.
    Oooh. You should own it. It's not that expensive. A must have for anyone's anime collection.
  • I'm waiting for the next disc to arrive on Netflix.
    Oooh. You should own it. It's not that expensive. A must have for anyone's anime collection.
    Nice!! So is this both the Japanese and English dubs?

Back on that scene, just that one scene alone has bumped Cowboy Bebop up to the level of awesomeness I currently hold for Trigun. Also, do you know what disc that scene is on?
  • edited June 2011
    Nice!! So is this both the Japanese and English dubs?
    Yes.
    Back on that scene, just that one scene alone has bumped Cowboy Bebop up to the level of awesomeness I currently hold for Trigun. Also, do you know what disc that scene is on?
    Yes, that scene from Ballad of the Fallen Angel. That should be disc 1 or 2. It's episode #5.

That is the episode that should get anyone hooked. It sealed the deal for me when I watched it. I did enjoy the first four episodes and thought they had some really great scenes, but that's the "Shit just got real" moment of the series, imo.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Nice!! So is this both the Japanese and English dubs?
    Yes.
    Back on that scene, just that one scene alone has bumped Cowboy Bebop up to the level of awesomeness I currently hold for Trigun. Also, do you know what disc that scene is on? Yes, that scene from Ballad of the Fallen Angel. That should be disc 1 or 2. It's episode #5.

That is the episode that should get anyone hooked. It sealed the deal for me when I watched it. I did enjoy the first four episodes and thought they had some really great scenes, but that's the "Shit just got real" moment of the series, imo.
    Lol, I already missed it!?! Funny thing, I was trying to watch the first disc before I left on my "man trip" (surf trip to Cali) so I could send it back and have the 2nd disc waiting before I got back. I fell asleep on the second episode, left in the morning and my wife sent the first disc back while I was gone. She meant well.

Ordering the set! Now I can go back and watch the first disc. Thanks!
  • Ordering the set! Now I can go back and watch the first disc. Thanks!
    My job here is done. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Man, now you have me wanting to watch it again and I've seen it at least 5 times already.
  • So I'm curious, are there any other series that are on par with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in terms of storytelling? It's difficult for me to describe what I mean, but they both reveal pieces of the overall story little by little that build on one another making future scenes that much better. I think I like that style of movie/anime best regardless of genre.
  • edited June 2011
    I went through the list of movies to rate in order to get suggestions, and Zardoz was on it. Should I feel proud or terrible that Netflix thought I had probably seen it?
    Netflix will not let that stupid movie go. It shows up in my recommendations all the friggin time even though I think I rated it at one or two stars. I think its like some kind of easter egg the programmers through it threw in (wow bad typo). "Wouldn't it be the lulz if Zardoz was treated like an amazing movie?"

In other news, although I'm not much for anime, I really like Full Metal Alchemist. Netflix has all of FMA, but of FMA:Brotherhood it has maybe 2 discs worth on streaming and the rest is for the mail. I wonder if they will release the rest of Brotherhood on streaming, or if I'm just gonna have to read about the storyline on wikipedia.
    Post edited by Byron on
  • So I'm curious, are there any other series that are on par with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in terms of storytelling?
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is one that comes to mind.