This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

^_~

edited June 2007 in Forum Stuff
FACT: 106 of the last 150 posts containing "^_~" were Rym's.

FACT: In other words, Rym has used "^_~" 106 times in roughly the last 3 and one half months in this forum. And who knows how often it is used by him elsewhere on the internet.

FACT: The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

I think it's about time you 'fessed up, Rym.

Comments

• Fun fact: Rym has never used the reversed "~_^" in this forum.
  • Question: Which bear is best?
    WRONG. Black bears.

Fact: Bears eat beats.

Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.
  • WHAT'S GOING ON?
  • Here's a fun fact: YOU MADE OUT WITH YOUR SISTER!!!
  • So there is some Koi Kaze going on in the forums, that sucks :(
  • Fact: It's PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
  • Fact #2: DING FRIES ARE DONE!
  • Fact #2: DING FRIES ARE DONE!
    Fact: Working at Burger King is horrible.
  • Fact: This isn't funny.

Fact: Really.
  • How did confronting Rym about his extreme affection for an emoticon become a spam thread?

Ok, dumb question.
  • How did confronting Rym about his extreme affection for an emoticon become a spam thread?
    Fact: The TRUE question is, why didn't it become a spam thread SOONER?
  • I've gone through emoticon evolutions over the years.
    :)  >  :-)  >  :^)  >  =)
    ;)  >  ;^)  >  ^_~
    :D  >  =^D  >  XD
    ^_^ stands apart from =), and I use the two to different effect.
    In general, I use far fewer emoticons than I used to.  I blame it mostly on the sheer amount of chatting I did way back in the ICQ days.
  • Apparently Jason and I are the only ones cool enough to watch The Office.
  • Pie in the face vs Slipping on a banana peel.
  • MICHAEEEEEEEL!
  • I dream of a day where a man is judged less by the choice of his emoticons and more by the content of his character.
  • I dream of a day where a man is judged less by the choice of his emoticons and more by the content of his character.
    Yes, and my four children will not be judged on the specs of their computer, but how well they use it.
  • FACT:106 of the last 150 posts containing "^_~" were Rym's.
    How many of the remander are quotes of Rym's posts?
    Why would I count quoted posts? I could quote Rym one hundred times, it doesn't mean he used his emoticon one hundred times.
    Why would I count quoted posts? I could quote Rym one hundred times, it doesn't mean he used his emoticon one hundred times.
    How did you do the counting exactly?
    Yes, but it's still a repeat of Rym's use, and not a unique occurrence of the emoticon.
    How did you do the counting exactly?
    Used the search function. Used ctrl+f to find every post that was by Rym. Counted aloud as I went along. Kept going till I got bored. Really not that difficult.
  • Used the search function. Used ctrl+f to find every post that was by Rym. Counted aloud as I went along. Kept going till I got bored. Really not that difficult.
    So if someone quoted Rym, and then he quoted that again, you counted it twice and possibly more times.
  • edited June 2007
    Used the search function. Used ctrl+f to find every post that was by Rym. Counted aloud as I went along. Kept going till I got bored. Really not that difficult.
    So if someone quoted Rym, and then he quoted that again, you counted it twice and possibly more times.
    Simple. I only counted the posts that had the "Written by:" in front of the word "Rym". This contradicts the "Posted by:" suffix that precedes blockquotes.

In other words, it was as simple as typing "written by: rym" into my ctrl+f search. Go ahead, check my counting if you're so skeptical of it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Used the search function.Used ctrl+f to find every post that was by Rym.Counted aloud as I went along. Kept going till I got bored. Really not that difficult.
    Simple. I only counted the posts that had the "Written by:" in front of the word "Rym". This contradicts the "Posted by:" suffix that precedes blockquotes.

In other words, it was as simple as typing "written by: rym" into my ctrl+f search. Go ahead, check my counting if you're so skeptical of it.
    I understand what you did. What I'm saying is this. What if Rym made a post with a smiley. Then someone quoted Rym's smiley. Then Rym quotes his own smiley again without making a new smiley. It would appear that Rym posted two smileys when he just quoted his own smiley.
  • I understand what you did. What I'm saying is this. What if Rym made a post with a smiley. Then someone quoted Rym's smiley. Then Rym quotes his own smiley again without making a new smiley. It would appear that Rym posted two smileys when he just quoted his own smiley.
    I have redone my count more carefully. Rym has not quoted himself saying "^_~" in the last 150 posts containing it.

Don't say that now you want me to find the quoted non-Rym "^_~" to modify '150' now because, even if I did, it would only increase the percentage of Rym-posted smilies and therefore only further support my point. And I'm never counting posts like that ever again.

• Don't say that now you want me to find the quoted non-Rym "^_~" to modify '150' now because, even if I did, it would only increase the percentage of
    Wow, that's some dedication you've got there. You know I could have written a tiny computer program that would have done the count in a minute or so.
  • edited June 2007
    Wow, that's some dedication you've got there. You know I could have written a tiny computer program that would have done the count in a minute or so.
    Hey, fuck you. I wasn't anticipating doing the count more than once. Maybe you should.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I find this one amusing:

(>'(0-o) surprisebutseckts!
  • Wow, that's some dedication you've got there. You know I could have written a tiny computer program that would have done the count in a minute or so.
    Hey, fuck you. I wasn't anticipating doing the count more than once. Maybe you should.
    Whoa dude, wtf? Nobody asked you to do it. We were just curious as to how you figured it out and such. I was also pointing out that it wasn't really necessary for anyone to do anything like this because there are easier ways.