This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Burning Wheel?

Comments

• Thanks a million Wyatt!!!
    You're welcome. I'll do what I can.
  • Thanks a million Wyatt!!!
    You're welcome. I'll do what I can.
    Even attempting makes you a prince among geeks.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm pretty sure I used up my spare artha getting a low preorder number and a T-shirt. Wyatt is probably in the better position to handle this.

EDIT: Also GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It should be easier tomorrow... maybe... I hope...

The book should be in stores by August. That's not really that far off. I'll talk to the guys at Zombie Planet about getting a reserved copy if I can't get a preorder.
  • Tomorrow I won't waste time wrangling for a t-shirt.
  • edited July 2011
    Now that I know, I will attempt to prevent one Burning Wheel fan from pre-ordering some book tomorrow. Which one exactly? And where is the order form?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Not Burning Wheel Gold, but the Mouse Guard Deluxe Boxed Set showed up today and it is sexy as hell.
  • edited July 2011
    Trying to order BWG, but can't even find it in the store anywhere other than the free PDF.
    EDIT: Fuck. They ran out as PayPal was processing. I'll have to attempt to get time tomorrow to order.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Yup. I too missed it.

I also did some calculations and even when at first the postal fee of 14$ seemed huge, in the end I'll probably end up paying only 2€ more than what I would have to pay getting it from my local gaming store. 2€ for not having to wait a month is easy choice.
  • Yea, I missed out as well... :-(
  • AmpAmp
    edited July 2011
    Tried but never even stood a chance.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Gold sold out in 4 minutes. God damnit.
  • Well now I have PayPal account ready for tomorrow. Better luck then.
  • Success!
  • :-( I don't think I'll be getting this pre-order :-p
    Look it like this. Every day there is 50 fewer competitors than last day. That's how I stay optimistic.
    There's still tomorrow and Friday.
  • Anybody in the greater boston area (i.e. near public transportation) want to show me what this game is all about?

I suppose I could knock around at Pandemonium and see if anybody plays Burning Wheel there.
  • edited July 2011
    Damn, you just missed JiffyCon Boston!

You could try hitting up Roleplaying Fellowship of Greater Boston or StoryGames Boston.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • The Roleplaying Fellowship meet too far away, and StoryGames (last I knew) met at Pandemonium. So that'd be part of knocking around Pandemonium :)

Never even heard of JiffyCon. Sounds like I missed something fun :(
  • In the time it took me to enter my password on paypal and click "continue" to complete the order, BWG sold out. In three minutes.
    I swear to god it's like trying to get classes at RIT under the old system.
  • I swear to god it's like trying to get classes at RIT under the old system.
    Whoah. Way to cause me some flashbacks.
  • In the time it took me to enter my password on paypal and click "continue" to complete the order, BWG sold out. In three minutes.
    I swear to god it's like trying to get classes at RIT under the old system.
    Agreed. We should jump Pete and take his book.
  • damn it, missed again......
  • edited July 2011
    Agreed. We should jump Pete and take his book.
    I'll let you smell it.

But really, for the time being, you really only need the GM to know the rules, and since I'm getting a book, I'll be able to implement whatever changes. And by the time we start a new campaign arc in my game, BWG will be available for regular purchase.

And with so few sessions left to wrap up this arc, I'm not going to bother implementing any changes yet anyhow. So really, the only reason to care right now is to get a signed copy.

I could be convinced to loan my copy to people while I'm away at Pennsic.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • But really, for the time being, you really only need the GM to know the rules, and since I'm getting a book, I'll be able to implement whatever changes. And by the time we start a new campaign arc in my game, BWG will be available for regular purchase.
    But I wanted a leg up on being the group's Rules Lawyer. By Rules Lawyer, I mean game breaking bastard.

How else will I know if I can FoRK Folklore into Boxing when I punch a Leprechaun??? How Pete??? HOW!?!?!
  • How else will I know if I can FoRK Folklore into Boxing when I punch a Leprechaun??? How Pete??? HOW!?!?!
    Recite a limerick about a leprechaun getting punched in the dick, and how all leprechauns are now deathly afraid of fists.
  • Recite a limerick about a leprechaun getting punched in the dick, and how all leprechauns are now deathly afraid of fists.
    There once was a leprechaun Nick.
    Who was being a bit of a prick.
    So I took all his gold, for he did quickly fold,
    When I hauled back and punched in his dick.
  • Recite a limerick about a leprechaun getting punched in the dick, and how all leprechauns are now deathly afraid of fists.
    I do that.