This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things You Never Expected to Hear Yourself Say

Comments

• "Mom, you were right. It is much easier to do dishes every night instead of waiting to do it every few days."
    Get a dishwasher with all speed by whatever means necessary. I literally, honestly, truly can say that it has changed my life for the better more profoundly than almost any physical thing I have ever owned, on the level of my first car and my first computer.
    I second that emotion.
    But then you've got to load the dishwasher. And then unload it. And then load it again ad nauseum.
    Whenever I do the laundry, I'm keenly aware that all of us in my family are wearing clothes right now that are becoming dirty even as we speak. It is never done.
  • So that's your excuse for your laundry folding addiction.
  • "Mom, you were right. It is much easier to do dishes every night instead of waiting to do it every few days."
    Get a dishwasher with all speed by whatever means necessary. I literally, honestly, truly can say that it has changed my life for the better more profoundly than almost any physical thing I have ever owned, on the level of my first car and my first computer.
    Believe me, I know how nice a dishwasher would be. However, that requires moving. I still have four months left on my lease, and even then I don't make enough to move to a place that will have one.
  • I don't make enough to move to a place that will have one.
    Try to get a standalone mini unit cheap somewhere. ;^) Of course, RIT disallowed this specifically in our complex, but it's worth a shot.
  • "170 hp is more than enough for me."
  • "170 hp is more than enough for me."
    Who are you and what have you done with George?
  • Who are you and what have you done with George?
    You've heard me say it!!!
  • Try to get a standalone mini unit cheap somewhere. ;^)
    I didn't even know this was a thing that existed. Very interesting. However, from the looks of it, any unit I get would take up pretty much all of the counter space I have (which is extremely small). Meaning that I would have to put the unit in place and hook everything up each time I wanted to use it. Plus, the power usage on one of these things is pretty substantial. I don't know if the time savings in the long run will be worth the monetary costs.
  • You've heard me say it!!!
    I've blocked it out every single time.
  • Oh, when did George get a ride-on lawn mower?
  • Oh, when did George get a ride-on lawn mower?
    What? I thought he was talking about his Moped.
  • "After I take this hot poker out of my ass, I'm going to chop my dick off."
  • Providing context is also cheating.
  • I take it back.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't want Donna Noble to stop being the Doctor's companion.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited July 2011
    I don't want Donna Noble to stop being the Doctor's companion.
    I will never say this. She had her moments, but she definitely bottoms my list of favorite companions.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I don't want Donna Noble to stop being the Doctor's companion.
    I will never say this. She had her moments, but she definitely bottoms my list of favorite companions.
    I really got attached to her as she really developed the most out of the three.
  • "So, what do you say we kill him again?"

(Animating RTS infantry on a podcast.)
  • "I'm getting a Bachelors of Arts."

Honestly, pretty much my whole life up until a year into college, I *knew* I was getting my Bachelors in Science. It was just a given. Even after going into the journalism program, it never occurred to me that I wouldn't be getting a BS. Then one day it just donned on me and the impact of it was shattering. I'm used to it now but, honestly, there's still a shit ton of cognitive dissonance.
  • "NO, you can not put a pot leaf on your coat of arms. No, not '420' either. No, not a penis either."
  • "NO, you can not put a pot leaf on your coat of arms. No, not '420' either. No, not a penis either."
    Oh high schoolers, always either a source of hilarity or frustration.
  • I think I watched too much Doctor Who today.
  • I love cats.

I've seriously been a dog person my whole life until I met Jeremy and his cats.
    Oh high schoolers, always either a source of hilarity or frustration.
    Hey, in my school we are painting the boys washroom My Little Pony style, and for some reason the admin don't seem to care.
    I second that emotion.
    But then you've got to load the dishwasher. And then unload it. And then load it again ad nauseum.
    Whenever I do the laundry, I'm keenly aware that all of us in my family are wearing clothes right now that are becoming dirty even as we speak. It is never done.
    It sounds like it is time for a naked day.
  • edited July 2011
    It sounds like it is time for a naked day.
    IT'S NAKED TIME!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I only have 40 GB, so I have to be selective.
  • "Just a sec, I'll google that on my phone."