This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest X

edited July 2011 in Conventions
MAGfest X has just been announced tickets are cheaper with group rate who wants to organize a FRC group for tickets and rooms?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I could be down for that.

I think I'ma try running Beer Beer and Bang Your Head! at this one - I think they're both a good fit for the con and its demographics.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I'm in.
    George, I have an idea:

Make a beer expressly for MAGfest and bring a keg of it. Well, OK, a 5 gallon corny keg. But still.

Is this too crazy? Y/N
  • Is this too crazy? Y/N
    It's exactly the right amount of crazy.
  • edited July 2011
    5 gallons of beer is 19 liters. You, me, rym and wyatt. So 5 liters a peron, so about 10 .5 Liter servings. That's only 2.5 a day.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I'm in as well. Yes to the con-beer. We should post something on the forum and try to arrange a homebrewers meet up.
  • I'm in. Theres no way I'm missing it. Fuck anyones wedding in the way!
  • That's only 2.5 a day.
    So what you're saying is that you want 10 gallons? I'll need another Corny keg - pin-lock style, as those are the fittings I've got.

This is a good time to look into building a jockey box. It's a lot easier to cool the beer I'm dispensing than it is to cool 5 gallons.
  • well. Yes to the con-beer. We should post something on the forum and try to arrange a homebrewers meet up.
    Well, I'm submitting Beer Beer, but I like this idea too.
  • So what you're saying is that you want 10 gallons?
    Exactly.
  • So what you're saying is that you want 10 gallons?
    Exactly.
    I don't want to drink that much of the same beer.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't want to drink that much of the same beer.
    So I make 2 different 5 gallon batches.

EDIT: Or I could go really nuts and brew 4 different 2.5 or 3 gallon batches, then use 5.7 liter plastic bottles and my Miller Lite Home Draft system tap to dispense. I'd need a pair of 5.7 (or 6) liter bottles per batch, as well as 16 gram CO2 cartridges.

EDIT AGAIN: Hm, I'd want 3 more Home Draft dispensers, though. Quick, somebody buy a bunch of shitty Miller and Coors, drink it, then give me the dispensing unit.

EDIT ONE MORE WITH FEELING: OK, panel submissions in. "Bang Your Head! A Look At Heavy Metal Music" is now known as "Metal Up Your Ass." This is a vastly superior title in every way.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • OK, panel submissions in. "Bang Your Head! A Look At Heavy Metal Music" is now known as "Metal Up Your Ass." This is a vastly superior title in every way.
    Um. So... I guess we'd better be planning to drive back from NC right before MagFest, stop over in MD on the way back, and then keep going? Cuz, ya know, we're going to be down south for Christmas time this year. so if that's the case, I guess you better plan for me to be there too, unless you want me to chill with Evan that weekend while you're at the con.
  • Um. So... I guess we'd better be planning to drive back from NC right before MagFest, stop over in MD on the way back, and then keep going?
    Works for me, if it works for your family.

Come to MAGfest if you want to. If you don't, Evan and I can certainly work out where we'll meet up to hand you off. :P
  • Um. So... I guess we'd better be planning to drive back from NC right before MagFest, stop over in MD on the way back, and then keep going? Cuz, ya know, we're going to be down south for Christmas time this year. so if that's the case, I guess you better plan for me to be there too, unless you want me to chill with Evan that weekend while you're at the con.
    What about FRC new years?
  • What about FRC new years?
    It all depends on how much time we're spending in North Carolina. If we leave like right after Christmas, I could swing going back to New York and then back down to the city, and then down to Maryland. Nuri and I need to figure out our Christmas plans still. We usually take like a week in NC.
  • What about FRC new years?
    It all depends on how much time we're spending in North Carolina. If we leave like right after Christmas, I could swing going back to New York and then back down to the city, and then down to Maryland. Nuri and I need to figure out our Christmas plans still. We usually take like a week in NC.
    That would be SUPER ANNOYING and also the traffic between New Year's and Christmas sucks balls.
  • If we get 8 people together and buy in a bunch we can save $10 a ticket, anyone else want to pool funds together for tickets?
  • edited July 2011
    Totally in for this event. Up for bringing beer or whatever I can.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • That would be SUPER ANNOYING and also the traffic between New Year's and Christmas sucks balls.
    Yeah, but it's not like you'll be driving. And traffic around that time sucks balls no matter what.

I'll call you and we'll hash out this plan.
  • That would be SUPER ANNOYING and also the traffic between New Year's and Christmas sucks balls.
    Yeah, but it's not like you'll be driving. And traffic around that time sucks balls no matter what.

I'll call you and we'll hash out this plan.
    I could drive. I do that. And my car is inspected now so we know it's safe!
  • I could drive. I do that. And my car is inspected now so we know it's safe!
    Camry does have a mighty smooth highway ride.
  • Unless something really bad happens, there's a distinct possibility at least Yuyuke and I will be there.
  • Scott and I don't exactly pay for badges to cons, so count us out of any group registration. ;^)

But, we already have our hotel room, and will definitely be there.
  • Camry does have a mighty smooth highway ride.
    This is true. Even when I'm driving, it feels like I'm riding. It's a very passive vehicle.
  • edited August 2011
    My interest is really peaking considering the group rates and the hotel deal appears to be really nice. It's 140 a night, but if we split costs with 2 people a room, I'm so tempted.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • It appears a friend of mine is in need so I will pass the message to all of you. He is looking to split a room with 3 people, if you do not mind sharing a room let me know and I will send him your way.

Oh: We need a Colossus Pony to wear, the memes would be priceless.
  • Okay, I think because I'm dedicated to a costume, I'll definitely be going. Just want to check again with anyone about sharing a room or potentially knowing who'll be there. (Thankfully, there's still rooms and badges)
  • I'm also looking for someones floor to sleep on now.
  • Well I got the room situated, I am bunking with Andrew Dickman. Yes THAT Andrew Dickman.