This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2011
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    No.
    Next-level epic solution: make s'mores using Pop-Tarts instead of graham crackers. Then wrap them in bacon.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • And deep fry it in beer batter.

First picture with my new HTC Phone. Mocha Ice Cream from my farmer's market...it was really damn good and makes me want to make my own.

My brother taught me about how to make fried rice...it was really well balanced. He made turkey burgers, which are topped with mushrooms, cheese, a rich cajun sauce and put under the broiler.
  • Meant to post this earlier this week, but I got lazy. Last Saturday my family threw a party in celebration of my brother coming home from Afghanistan along with the visit from relatives. We had the normal Guamanian/Filipino foods all set up in warmers:

Here is a close up of some of the food. From left to right: pancit, dinuguan, short ribs, and ribs.

And of course what islander party can do without a roast pig?

Needless to say, I had me some good eatins'.
  • Meant to post this earlier this week, but I got lazy. Last Saturday my family threw a party in celebration of my brother coming home from Afghanistan along with the visit from relatives. We had the normal Guamanian/Filipino foods all set up in warmers:
    Say, anyone in your family looking to adopt an Australian?
  • On Saturday, I had my "manly" version of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup, which is Tomato Bisque and Beef Carnita Quesadillas.

• I fucking hate this thread.

Every time I open it, I'm in danger of drowning.
  • Bread with butter.
  • I'm planning on driving up to Maine on Monday after work for some delicious seafood. I'm not even sure where we are going yet, only that we are going to hunt down some awesome local seafood shack. I have been craving that stuff for such a long time - I would probably kill someone for some clam strips right about now.
  • Not giving Ro any ideas or anything:
  • Wow...those are really cute.
  • So CUT~E!
  • Today I had some free range Tai BBQ chicken. Well what the chef at my work calls Tai BBQ. It was a peanuty bbq sauce. Pretty good.
  • edited August 2011
    Doughnuts need more nyan.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I had a sandwich today: Sourdough, mayo, tomato, ham, turkey, ham, turkey, ham, turkey, salmon, pickles, spicy brown mustard, sourdough.
  • Vegan Espresso Brownies, nummy.
  • I had a sandwich today: Sourdough, mayo, tomato, ham, turkey, ham, turkey, ham, turkey, salmon, pickles, spicy brown mustard, sourdough.
    That's not a sandwich. That's ham, turkey with bread.
  • That's not a sandwich. That's ham, turkey with bread.
    "A sandwich is a food item, typically consisting of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between them" Source
  • home made potato soup with thick cut bacon
  • I should have taken a picture of it, but for lunch I had a coffee braised beef brisket hero. Just the meet, some gravy, and a fresh roll. It was fantastic.
  • I made ice cream using Bittersweet Chocolate, and the Milk/Chocolate Mixture was seeped in whole coffee beans and Briess Black Malt. Really amazing ice cream, with rich chocolate flavor with a light roasted and spiced flavor. So damn good.
  • While I was in Hawaii 2 weeks ago one of the guys who travels there often took us to an out of the way sushi restaurant called Sushi Sasabune. The gimmick here is that the chef is basically the Soup Nazi of sushi. You must have a reservation even if the restaurant is empty, must east your sushi properly or you will be corrected, and there is no menu. The chef picks what you will eat depending on what is fresh and what your general taste preferences are. We went for the whole 14-course chef's selection, each being anywhere from 1-6 pieces. AMAZING. Apparently this restaurant opened LA and NYC locations in 2007 and they are equally as good. All of the yelp comments seem to refer to it as a hidden gem that doesn't get the respect that the popular NYC sushi joints get. I will be making a return trip (although for a special occassion only. very expensive.)
  • That's awesome. I attempt to teach people sushi etiquette (to varied results), so I'd love to take someone to a restaurant where the chef enforces it. I wonder if he kicks people out for doing the wasabi/soy sauce mix?
  • That's awesome. I attempt to teach people sushi etiquette (to varied results), so I'd love to take someone to a restaurant where the chef enforces it. I wonder if he kicks people out for doing the wasabi/soy sauce mix?
    I guess I've been eating sushi the wrong way.
    Now I know.

My only thing is that I don't mind going to a inexpensive kaiten sushi place, so their chopsticks can have splinters. I will just make sure if I ever do go to a fancy sushi place to not do the don'ts.
  • Thanks for the neat comic; there are some things on there that I didn't know. For example, I was once told that the addition of wasabi or soy to the fish can be taken as an insult to the quality of the chef's ingredients. Apparently not!

I will say that, despite my intense adherence to sushi etiquette at fancy places, I am ALL about cheap kaiten sushi and I don't care so much for etiquette in places like that. Nom nom nom.
    I guess I've been eating sushi the wrong way.
    Now I know.

(picture)

My only thing is that I don't mind going to a inexpensive kaiten sushi place, so their chopsticks can have splinters. I will just make sure if I ever do go to a fancy sushi place to not do the don'ts.
    Hah, I violate a few of those rules, but I must defend myself! I eat my sushi in 2 bites due to hating chewing too much food and looking sloppy (but I don't put it back on the plate, I finish the rest right away), I put ginger on my sushi (its good at cooling down the spicy stuff!), and I put the rice in the sauce first (The rice soaks up more sauce!). So there. :P
  • That comic would be 100x better if it was an Oatmeal original.
  • That comic would be 100x better if it was an Oatmeal original.
  • I will say that, despite my intense adherence to sushi etiquette at fancy places, I am ALL about cheap kaiten sushi and I don't care so much for etiquette in places like that. Nom nom nom.
    Kaitenzushi is so fun!
    It is a pet peeve of mine when people do the chopstick thing. The only thing I do is mix the wasabi with the soy sauce. However, I learned to do this from a Japanese person, who said it made the wasabi taste stronger, so even if it is bad manners, I feel partially vindicated.
  • Jed made a pizza! It has whole wheat crust, sundried alfredo sauce, sundried tomatoes, onion, crimini mushrooms, bacon, 4 kinds of cheese, fresh garlic and love~!