This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bug Out Bag

13»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    If there is a place where money won't save your ass, don't go there.
    This is actually maybe the #1 life-saving tip for any world traveler.

Myself the only preparations I have are for a really serious disaster in the form of a big stockpile of guns & ammo (I don't have them specifically for that purpose though, obviously). Which have a pretty limited application in a disaster situation but in a few specific ones it could be a complete gamechanger.
    There is only one piece of emergency gear anyone ever needs; a scary looking gun. You don't bother packing a bag, you point the gun at somebody who has a bag, and you take it. You don't bother packing food, you point a gun at a person with food, and you take it. You need money, you point the gun at Scott, and you take his money. And if somebody tries to do the same to you, you use the gun to defend yourself. When order has broken down, force is the only thing that matters.
    Yeah basically this, but unfortunately you can't threaten a tornado at gunpoint or intimidate an earthquake but for everything else it's the ur-resource. The Bible said the meek shall inherit the Earth and as we all know everything in that book is bullhonky.
    Post edited by Gold Experience on
  • unfortunately you can't threaten a tornado at gunpoint or intimidate an earthquake
    Maybe, maybe. But damned if I'm not going to try.
  • That immediately reminded me of this: