This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• It's only XBLA and PSN. There's no way XBLA dicks you that hard. Right?
    XBLA only? hmmmmmmm.....Propably more like 70-90 bucks, I can't remember the conversion rate from Microsoft space dollars to actual dollars - but IIRC, 4000 points is about 35-40 USD, but 65-70 bucks Australian.
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is "targeted" for an early 2012 release on the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, Mac and PC in early 2012.
    Ahhhh it hurts!!
  • edited August 2011
    I kept reading that as our Andrew.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • On the PS3, players can use the game controller, the PlayStation Move motion controller or even a mouse and keyboard. PS3, Mac and PC players will be match-made against each other, clumped by skill, regardless of input device or platform.
    Somewhere, Scott is cackling in glee.
  • edited August 2011
    Somewhere, Scott is cackling in glee.
    I'm actually kinda happy to see that too, I don't have a real horse in the race - unless "Shut the fuck up, play games and have fun you whiny, entitled, elitist cunts" counts as a horse, and I don't think that name would fly at the Royal Ascot - simply to see how it turns out. I mean, we do have games that have PC and console players together, but they're few and far between, and very few of them have been significantly popular.

Also, I'd say it would not be a foolish wager that it may simply enrage him, if he convinces himself this means it'll simply be gimped for PC players so that PS3 players can compete. Which is the conclusion he will come to if he can't thrash every PS3 Player.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Somewhere, Scott is cackling in glee.
    I can't wait to see statistics specifically tailored to Apreche showing how often he has been killed by someone using 'inferior' input devices. BRB purchasing racing wheel to rape in FPS game (done it before, it actually works well).
  • NO! If you're going to argue about what the best way to play FPSs is, go to that thread. I will not allow this thread to descend into that.
  • I was simply being facetious. Personally, I believe that allowing PCs, PS3s, and Xboxii to play together will be interesting.
  • NO! If you're going to argue about what the best way to play FPSs is, go to that thread. I will not allow this thread to descend into that.
    We'll find out in CS:GO, it's going to allow PS3 and PC players to play in the same server. Console players gonna learn.

It's Mouse and Keyboard time.
    NO VALVE, NO!
  • edited August 2011
    Just feel it should be noted - PS3 version of CS:GO will accept keyboard and mouse input. Sorry to ruin any fantasies anyone might have there, but look on the upside, if you get dominated, at least you can brush off that it couldn't possibly be someone playing with a controller. Not that it's going to tell you, or anything, but you know, It just couldn't be. No, couldn't. Impossible. Not a chance.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • What I want to know is how many PS3 players are actually going to use a mouse and keyboard. Sure they CAN, but I wager not that many of them will.
  • edited August 2011
    What I want to know is how many PS3 players are actually going to use a mouse and keyboard. Sure they CAN, but I wager not that many of them will.
    I don't know. I'd wager quite a few of them will immediately look up "How to pwn at CS:go reel gud like" or some shite, and after Google somehow deciphers that, they'll come to someone going "Well, use a keyboard and mouse you can emulate the PC Master race and maybe one day truly be like us." And then, they will.

It hardly matters, though - Most of us would, before long, get comprehensively demolished. Mostly because we don't have the hours in the day to both be vaguely competent adults/students and play CS GO 16 hours a day at the same time. It won't matter about Keyboard VS Mouse, it'll just be a game of "Having to do other things besides playing CS:GO" and "being unreasonably good at CS:GO". We can be Excellent at the game, but infinite free time to practice endlessly still beats pre-existing old school skills in the long run.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • So not to be impatient, but did anyone get to play this at PAX? Was it Counter-strike-arific?
  • So not to be impatient, but did anyone get to play this at PAX? Was it Counter-strike-arific?
    I only watched other people play it. It looks like Counter-Strike. I'll be buying it for sure because Counter-Strike is my jam. It's going to be interesting to see whether CS:GO, NS2, or Tribes: Ascend gets the most of my gaming attention once they are all out. Or perhaps I will go back to NS1 and CS:S?
  • Judging from some of the press I've read, it's looking less and less like a whole new game and more and more like just a major update/expansion pack, a la Condition Zero. I hope it's not too pricey, considering.
  • Judging from some of the press I've read, it's looking less and less like a whole new game and more and more like just a major update/expansion pack, a la Condition Zero. I hope it's not too pricey, considering.
    It will probably be $50 as a new game for PS3 or 360. For PC I imagine there will be some sort of Steam preorder discount to maybe $40.
  • Maybe one of those "Pre-order get 10% off, pre-order and already own CS:S or CS and get 20%" deals that they seem to love doing lately.
  • it's looking less and less like a whole new game and more and more like just a major update/expansion pack
    Yup.

• There's no way CS:GO will be $50. Not for a game that isn't even getting a physical disc for consoles. My guess is $30; we may even see $25 or $20, though.
  • There's no way CS:GO will be $50. Not for a game that isn't even getting a physical disc for consoles. My guess is $30; we may even see $25 or $20, though.
    Oh, I thoguth it was getting a disc.
  • I do not see much for too many people to worry about with PS3 players getting to place with PC/Mac players. From they way some video game journalists have made it sound it looks like match making will be skill based somehow so I think that problem will work itself out, although that is if they figure out how to determine a players skill accurately.

I also agree with the estimate of $30 on PSN. I have not seen a game sold only on the PSN go for more than that although this could be the first if they decide to go higher. Also with how much they have started to like micro-transactions I would not be surprised if it went for a little lower price and had some hats or something for sale pretty quick.
  • Gun Game is an official mode, and it's called Arsenal.
    Interest piqued.
    If you did not 100% see this coming, I'm stunned.
    If you did not 100% see this coming, I'm stunned.
    Be stunned.
  • I have deferred my CS Source server until CS:Go is live. I will run an official GeekNights Go server as early as is feasible once it's out.

No mods. Ever.
  • edited September 2011
    No mods. Ever.
    What if there are awesome mods?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • No mods. Ever.
    What if there is awesome mods?
    What if there's a mod that makes it easier to manage the player base, or that can expand the games capabilities, or one that removes hats?