This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fuck you George Lucas. Again. Again.

Comments

• You're wrong Scott.
  • edited September 2011
    Unrated versions
    The thing about the unrated versions is that they are unrated. The filmmakers do not resubmit the film with the added content. Plus, adding an unrated label on a film usually means that there is added violence and/or tits. I don't think people would be showing the unrated Star Wars to their kids.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Unrated versions
    The thing about the unrated versions is that they are unrated. The filmmakers do not resubmit the film with the added content. Plus, adding an unrated label on a film usually means that there is added violence and/or tits. I don't think people would be showing the unrated Star Wars to their kids.
    Because there's not already tits in Star Wars, right guys?
  • They're going to edit out Slave Leia in the Blu-Ray version.
  • I was more referring to the total and complete wardrobe malfunction on one of Jabba's dancers in which her ENTIRE boob pops out of her costume and the scene was never cut or censored to my knowledge.
  • I was more referring to the total and complete wardrobe malfunction on one of Jabba's dancers in which her ENTIRE boob pops out of her costume and the scene was never cut or censored to my knowledge.
    If only I had known this 14 years ago.
  • They're going to edit out Slave Leia in the Blu-Ray version.
    (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

I have the best version of Star Wars by far. It's a re-edited version done by a fan. It combines the best of the original, the special edition, and some custom made CG.
  • edited September 2011
    This it? Because if so I'm not impresses.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Plenty of movies have two versions. Heck, plenty of movies have PG-13/R versions and Unrated versions on separate DVDs.
  • From Jesus M. Christ's most recent tweet:
    Calm down, nerds. If we can have 10 versions of the Bible we can have a couple different versions of Star Wars.
    I never knew that this existed.
    They're going to edit out Slave Leia in the Blu-Ray version.
    WTF.
  • edited September 2011
    Plenty of movies have two versions. Heck, plenty of movies have PG-13/R versions and Unrated versions on separate DVDs.
    [Star Wars: UNRATED]

(Defs NSFW, in case the title didn't make that clear)
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Am I the only person who actually liked Zach & Miri?
  • Am I the only person who actually liked Zach & Miri?
    I liked it a lot.
  • So I found this on Reddit today, thought I'd share. I think we're likely to see all of these changes.
  • Angry people may enjoy:

• Via Twitter: The next big change coming to the Star Wars Blu-Rays.

• It was self defense!
  • SHIT, NOW THIS IS A FUCKING EDIT. I WANT THIS DUDE TO DUB THE WHOLE FUCKING MOVIE.
  • SHIT, NOW THIS IS A FUCKING EDIT. I WANT THIS DUDE TO DUB THE WHOLE FUCKING MOVIE.
    I would watch that.
    I would buy that instead of the new Star Wars release.
  • edited October 2011
    I was that little kid. I remember that feeling.

Jason, you've got to tape your son's Reveal Reaction. I don't think it'd be an exaggeration to say that it is your destiny.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah, I had the same thing aged 7, when the movies were shown on British TV for the first time. Star Wars had been shown on four or five previous Christmas days, so everyone knew the characters. But I was too young to have seen the Empire Strikes Back at the cinema. That reveal was a real kick in the head!

I should have seen it coming though, as people had been saying "Luke, I am your father!" to me for years. I just didn't connect the jokes about my name to Luke Skywalker, even though at that age I wanted to BE Luke Skywalker.
  • I seriously want the whole movie with that narrator.
  • I feel like that trailer should be satire but I know its not.