This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Underwear Pervert Comics

edited August 2011 in Manga/Comics
I think everyone should be reading Daredevil and Irredeemable by Mark Waid. What superhero comics are you guys reading and, preferably, enjoying?

Comments

• I have being reading Blackest Night, The Sinestro Corps War, Green Lantern Secret Origin, All Star Superman, Green Lantern Rebirth, and The Flash Rebirth. I am not gonna lie I have being enjoying them all
  • All-Star Superman is excellent.
  • It shows explicitly how he can be written as an interesting character.
  • I'm reading Tiny Titans. Fuck yeah Lunchlady Darkseid. IIRC, this is the third non-manga comic series I've read. The first being Watchmen, and the second being Scott Pilgrim.
  • I haven't finished it but Invincible by Kirkman on Image comics. Also just finished Batman Hush and the cult, which were nowhere near the calibur(but still good) of Knightfall no mans land or the dark knight returns
  • I've finally gotten around to reading Planetary, and it's just as awesome as everyone has said it is.
  • All-Star Superman is excellent.
    Did you see the animated version. Also, awesome!
  • I've finally gotten around to reading Planetary, and it's just as awesome as everyone has said it is.
    best part about reading it now is not waiting for the last issue to come out
  • I just finished reading 'The Dark Knight Returns'. I didn't mean to, but I went through it in one sitting. Holy crap. D=
  • edited August 2011
    I just finished reading 'The Dark Knight Returns'. I didn't mean to, but I went through it in one sitting. Holy crap. D=
    After getting into comics during the heyday of the early 90's and getting subsequently burned out after a couple years with all the crap comics being put out by all comics (I think I still have the first 15 or so issues of almost every comic that Image and Valiant put out) The Dark Knight Returns brought me back.

It was about 6 years later, and I was in college. There was this very cool comic shop near the campus and one day, just on a whim, I went inside and asked the owner for a recommendation. I told him that I had gotten burned out from the 90's and i wanted something with a good story more than good art necessarily. I told him that I wanted something self-contained. He asked me what comics I liked, and I told him that although I had never read an issue, I had always loved the idea and character of Batman. He handed me The Dark Knight Returns and I remember sitting on my bed, lost in the world of an aging Bruce Wayne. Like you, I read it in one sitting and I was back the next week at that comic shop where the owner handed me "Batman: Year One." That rekindled my love of comics but since then, I read only in trade format, and follow authors more than specific comics.
    Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • Irredeemable goes back to the theme in Watchmen about superheroes being sexual deviants.
  • Seriously. Here Comes Daredevil is so good.
    They're making an audiobook version. -Because, unsurprisingly, Daredevil has a huge following amongst the blind.
  • Finished the first Absolute volume of Planetary and moving on to the second. I honestly don't know which I enjoy more: the stand-alone totally awesome yet crazy "what the fuck was Warren Ellis taking?" when he wrote this type of issue, or the over-arching plot/conspiracy theory type of issue.

Regardless, I'm glad I sprung for the Absolute Editions of this because not only is it amazing, but the art is gorgeous.
  • God fucking dammit, Irredeemable is SO GOOD.
  • So far "Justice League" is pretty decent.
  • So far "Justice League" is pretty decent.
    I agree. Gonna give a bunch of the reboots a look to see how they turn out.
  • I caved over the weekend and finally bought the Walter Simonson Thor Omnibus. Can't wait to read it.
  • I caved over the weekend and finally bought the Walter Simonson Thor Omnibus. Can't wait to read it.
    I would buy that if it were not so much moneys.
  • I'm fairly sure my mom's got all those Thors.
    I would buy that if it were not so much moneys.
    Really? You think paying $70 or so for 1192 pages! of hammer-throwing, I say thee naying, God of Thunder badassery awesomeness is too much money? Not to mention that these are probably some of the best Thor issues of all time?

The average trade costs about $9-15 online and you get 6 or so issues. The Thor Omnibus is about $70 or so and you get 34 issues!

Really???

I think it's practically a steal. The book is bound beautifully and can open up completely so there's no gutter where you lose the art, the colors have been redone, and it's just awesome.

All of the Marvel Omnibii are gorgeous.
  • YES YES YES!
    This is exactly what needs to happen with Underwear Pervert comics.
    Rebooting the Justice League.
  • This is exactly what needs to happen with Underwear Pervert comics.
    As much as I wouldn't mind arron diaz drawing all the underwear pervert comics, He's only one guy, that would really slow down the release schedule. I mean, sure, Dresden Codak is always super high quality, but it still only updates two or three times a year.
  • Did you notice anything about the Green Lantern and the Flash?
  • edited October 2011
    GL has lady pecs. Flash is Black Flash, but not in the Grim Reaper way; rather, in the African-American way.

EDIT: Following the link, it appears that The Flash is Indian.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GL has lady pecs.
    GL is a lady. Specifically our friend Yuko. The Flash is Ananth. http://www.johnnywander.com/
  • GL has lady pecs.
    GL is a lady. Specifically our friend Yuko. The Flash is Ananth. http://www.johnnywander.com/
    ooooooooohhh. I was almost gonna say it was Kimoko from the main Dresden comics, but the hair was all wrong.