This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• The Marshawn Lynch touchdown, as I saw it.
    I honestly lol'd. Good to know the more nerds are becoming less anti-sport.

Also, fuck you Eagles! Giants didn't make playoffs, but how many rings you got? OH SNAP!

Also, I respect the Steelers. A class act.
  • edited January 2011
    Watching it again, I'm surprised Hasselbeck didn't get called for block in the back during the run.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Watching it again, I'm surprised Hasselbeck didn't get called for block in the back during the run.
    Yeah, that was a block in the back.
  • Many people do. We don't talk about the Steelers in this state. :P
    In Baltimore, we hate two teams more than anything, the Steelers and the Colts.
  • Many people do. We don't talk about the Steelers in this state. :P
    In Baltimore, we hate two teams more than anything, the Steelers and the Colts.
    Fitting that Baltimore, one of the last places on earth anyone wants to be, to be hating on two high quality teams.
  • Fitting that Baltimore, one of the last places on earth anyone wants to be, to be hating on two high quality teams.
    What I find hilarious is that Maryland is the wealthiest state in the country. Sure, Baltimore is a shit-hole, but the rest of Maryland is pretty damn nice. Also, the Ravens have the same win/loss record as the Steelers and the Colts had a pretty shitty season (compared to previous years).
  • Just cannot root for Tom Brady.
  • edited February 2011
    They stole that one from the Steelers, the Packers are from Green Bay and the Steelers are green with envy, Packers played really Gouda, they were sharp, they had their head cheese in the game, they played like they had something to provealone the Steelers got creamed, Packers made them bleu, Ben ROFLsbuger plays for the Steelers which makes him the hamburgler, on the other hand the interceptions were also kind of like hamburgling, 'Buger was playing like he had beef, that defense was a real meat grinder, two Packers with a pigskin is a ham & cheese sandwich, black and yellow more like black and blue amirite?

...I entertained myself by making really bad puns and spamming Facebook with them. Also, the Black Eyed Peas suck.
    Post edited by Walker on
    That is all.
  • Packers won. Nuff said. 2010 season was a success.
  • I hope the Steelers ordered enough cheese for their Rapistburger.
  • So, it's handegg season again. Where can I get a good season preview that gets me up to speed?
  • edited August 2011
    Giants in big trouble. All the players left. I'll be happy to see the Eagles go down, and go down hard.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Not playing fantasy football this year for the first time in 10 years. Wonder if I will still keep up with NFL news as much without it being a giant game? In real football talk, my Dolphins are looking decidedly mediocre. Both RBs left but the got Reggie Bush in return. Awesome talent but sort of injury prone and it will be very interesting to see if he can hack it as the feature back, not just a change of pace speedster. He could fit in really well to the Fin's crazy wildcat trick-play infatuation.
  • HANDEGG!
  • People really care abouts the footsball?
  • People really care abouts the footsball?
    Fucks yes.
  • Why?
    Football is mostly exciting for the following reasons:

1) There's actually strategy like a board game in addition to athletic tests of skill.
    2) There are so few games that each one is very important.
    3) The game is constructed in such a way that there are going to be great feats of strength on display for great highlights.
    4) The game is designed to be entertaining. You have a constant ebb and flow of suspense, excitement, turnabouts, etc. unless it's a blowout. It's perhaps the most dramatic sport every conceived.
    5) No hockey yet.
    6) I want to see the Eagles go down, and go down hard.
  • edited September 2011
    Why?
    Football is mostly exciting for the following reasons:

5) No hockey yet.
    Ill give you this. But to me, footsball is, "Hey, lets play for 30 seconds. Ok now lets stand around for 5 mins."
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • MMA is the best sport, anything else is just a less distilled version of the same game.
  • MMA is the best sport, anything else is just a less distilled version of the same game.
    The Dane Cook of Martial Arts? HA.
  • Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts. Quote Archer correctly.
  • Football is mostly exciting for the following reasons:
    Wait, do you mean Football, Football, Football, Football or Football?

Seriously, use the proper name - the only game that hasn't been called football at this point is wheelchair rugby.
  • Given that the NFL season starts tonight Ima guess American Football.
  • Given that the NFL season starts tonight Ima guess American Football.
    Oh, Rugby for cowards and weaklings. Right then, carry on.
  • Rugby world championships begin soon. My brother in law is from New Zealand. Some shit will be talked. GO TONGA! GO!
  • Seriously, use the proper name - the only game that hasn't been called football at this point is wheelchair rugby.
    That's because Murderball is a much better name.