This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Delicious Noms of Your Day

Comments

• Virgil's root beer is the shit.
  • Virgil's root beer is shit.
  • Virgil's root beer is shit.
  • I think you want UDP/IP there, actually. Best-effort delivery of any given facepunch is less important in most circumstances than sheer quantity.
  • I think you want UDP/IP there, actually. Best-effort delivery of any given facepunch is less important in most circumstances than sheer quantity.
    Hey! Careful where you swing those UPD's!
    Besides, if you punch using TCP, you're guaranteed a punch back.
  • Fresh picked apples, warm cider doughnuts, apple cider, and fudge.
  • Pumpkin everything and jerk chicken.
  • Guess what I had for lunch today. (The answer is about two pounds of chocolate mousse)
  • Besides, if you punch using TCP, you're guaranteed a punch back.
    You'd better be sure you don't hit the broadcast address.
  • To satisfy my friends desire to make Chinese food (she doesn't have a kitchen) we made (and subsequently ate the better part of) hundreds of pork dumplings.
  • I made a batch of deep fried bacon n' chocolate chip cookies today.
  • I made a batch of deep fried bacon n' chocolate chip cookies today.
    Modern day Prometheus.
  • Modern day Prometheus.
    I'm planning a raspberry n' rum sauce for the next batch. Contemplating using prosciutto instead of bacon, but I'm still undecided.
  • I wonder how shortbread cookies would be with bacon in them...
  • Besides, if you punch using TCP, you're guaranteed a punch back.
    You'd better be sure you don't hit the broadcast address.
    Although a UDP punch to a broadcast address would be AWESOME.
  • There is a shop in the UK called Greggs. 90% of their output is savory pies: steak bakes, pasties, sausage rolls, mince pies, all that.

I have a total food boner for this place. Can it get any better!?
  • There is a shop in the UK called Greggs. 90% of their output is savory pies: steak bakes, pasties, sausage rolls, mince pies, all that.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about Greggs. Fucking great when you're hungover or stoned.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about Greggs. Fucking great when you're hungover or stoned.
    It fails me in that respect, as the times I am hungover or stoned are usually outsider their opening hours.
  • I am making some blueberry iced tea.. Should I use honey or sugar as sweetener??
  • You Chicago people are on to something with that Italian Beef thing.
  • edited October 2011
    You Chicago people are on to something with that Italian Beef thing.
    Fuck yeah, motherfucker. Get some hot peppers and dip that shit. Al's Beef on Taylor is the best.

EDIT: Shit, read my earlier post after posting this and am now imagining a Greggs Italian Beef Bake, stuffed with peppers and beef and dipped in gravy. I have something to try when I get back to the 773.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've always wanted to try a Chicago-style hot dog. Seems interesting to me.
    It's the real hot dog. Accept no substitutes.

I will grant you that other places have very fine examples of encased meat sandwiches, New York among them, but Chicago once produced the largest amount of sausages in the US, and we elevated that shit to a fucking art. Hot Doug's is arguably the best hot dog joint in Chicago if not the country, and they bill themselves as an Encased Meat Emporium. I recommend the Foie Gras Dog, any of the Gourmet Specials (rabbit and brie is supposed to be choice), a Chicago Dog, and a side of the duck fat fries.

I r world class chef
  • Ewww. One of those things that tastes delicious but looks like shit on a shingle, amirite?
  • Ewww. One of those things that tastes delicious but looks like shit on a shingle, amirite?
    I, in almost all cases, could give 2 licks about the looks. I want taste, flavor, all that jazz.
    It's the real hot dog. Accept no substitutes.

I will grant you that other places have very fine examples of encased meat sandwiches, New York among them, but Chicago once produced the largest amount of sausages in the US, and we elevated that shit to a fucking art. Hot Doug's is arguably the best hot dog joint in Chicago if not the country, and they bill themselves as an Encased Meat Emporium. I recommend the Foie Gras Dog, any of the Gourmet Specials (rabbit and brie is supposed to be choice), a Chicago Dog, and a side of the duck fat fries.
    Except for a you know. A real hotdog. Like from Rutt's Hut. Rippers all the way baby...
  • edited October 2011
    Ewww. One of those things that tastes delicious but looks like shit on a shingle, amirite?
    I, in almost all cases, could give 2 licks about the looks. I want taste, flavor, all that jazz.
    Half of a meal is presentation. If you were offered two equally delicious steaks, one on a plate and one on a garbage can lid, which would you choose?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Half of a meal is presentation. If you were offered two equally delicious steaks, one on a plate and one on a garbage can lid, which would you choose?
    Not only this, but there is more to food than just taste. Texture, flavor combinations, and portions are very important when it comes to well cooked food. Presentation helps the eater identify and enjoy each of these in conjunction with the actual taste of the food. Just serving a glop of food, no matter how delicious, ruins the experience somewhat.