This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Artist Statements

edited September 2011 in Everything Else
So today I found out these things were also things. As in real things people write and use on their websites and stuff. I decided to write one for my own work, but I'm having trouble getting the wording right.

Attempt 1:

If I could explain in three paragraphs how awesome I am, I wouldn't have to demonstrate how awesome I am by doing all this awesome.

Attempt 2:

I'm too busy doing awesome to write three paragraphs about just how awesome my aweso

Comments

• Anyone else got an artist statement they are working on?
  • I had to do two before for school. Its never easy. I always I thought it would be easier for those who have a profession rather than a student who haven't found their path yet.

Statements for an individual work is easier. It's basically explaining the concept behind it.
  • I make things that make me happy and I hope they make you happy too.
  • I hope you like my works but, honestly, I do it mostly for my own enjoyment.
  • I do what I do because if I didn't, the light of inspiration would eat out the back of my eyes and explode my brain. If you happen to enjoy the output of my creative obsessions, good on you.
  • "It is what it is."
  • Attempt 1:

If I could explain in three paragraphs how awesome I am, I wouldn't have to demonstrate how awesome I am by doing all this awesome.

Attempt 2:

I'm too busy doing awesome to write three paragraphs about just how awesome my aweso
    tl;dr
  • I crave attention, and therefore make things that will increase my personal fame.

;^)
  • "I am a Golden God."
  • Mine has always been "I put the OMG in WTF"
  • But WTF doesn't have OMG in it!
  • I am Luke. I am brief.

• If I could explain in three paragraphs how awesome I am, I wouldn't have to demonstrate how awesome I am by doing all this awesome.
    Wait, so do you want 3 paragraphs or just 1 sentence? Those are just a teensy bit different...
  • I want to manipulate people's emotions and have them love me for it.
  • I want to manipulate people's emotions and have them love me for it.
  • Victoria Gadson: bashing brains with art since 2005.
  • Joe L. - Art? Huh? Paint and shit? Here's a network diagram. THAT is art, my friend.