This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Darkness

edited June 2007 in Video Games
Did anybody else pick this game up?

The Darkness OOZES pure badassery. It's frightening, funny, and fuckin' fun. It still feels like a regular console FPS but the story is conveyed so well that you give a shit about the people you're supposed to, and have a fiery hatred for everyone else. The Darkness powers are pretty awesome, but I found that I'm not using a lot of them as often as others; same goes for the guns, I don't use anything but the pistols.

It's gritty, violent, and fun. The auto-aim makes me super-pissed since it practically homes in on faces.

Anyone else interested, at least?

PS: I got it on 360.

Comments

• Anyone else interested, at least?

I'm very interested in it, I've read the reviews and seen the game play videos and it's definitely a game I want. Sadly I don't have a 360, yet.
  • The Darkness is a good game that eases the pain of the summer drought, but I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you are bored.
  • when I read "the darkness" I thought you meant

Their videos are AWESOME!
  • JUST LISTEN TO THE RHYTHM OF YA HEART!

Hmm...

Not quite. But you get to eat hearts. :)
  • Dang, I was hoping I'd be the first to post that video.

Good stuff.
  • I was hoping that you were talking about the band.
  • edited July 2007
    If you paid more than $5 for this game (i.e.: you didn't rent it) you really threw away your money.

It's no Chronicles of Riddick, that's for sure.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • Don't those alien/demon thingies get in the way of your vision?
  • I got it for the PS3 and I'm loving it. Mike Patton as the voice of the lead character...total bonus!!!

Oh, and I love the in game TVs. We got some "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Flash Gordon" and some other stuff on the PS3...what do you get on the Xbox 360, same or different?
  • Mike Patton isn't Jackie - He's The Darkness!

360 is all the same TV content. I watched about 30 mins of To Kill a Mockingbird. What a badass movie.
  • yeah, the Darkness is totally Mr. Bungle.