This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Petition for Faster Internets

edited September 2011 in Technology
If the White House is going to allow petitions on their web site, why not?
http://wh.gov/gJd

Comments

• I predict 12.3 seconds until 4chan finds this and crapfloods the White House with petitions regarding mudkips.
  • I already did.
    (WARNING: Contains Ponies)
  • I already did.
    And you people wonder why the government doesn't take the internet seriously.
  • I don't. I don't think they should, and I'm disappointed when they do.
  • I already did.
    I don't agree with the US getting involved with this, with the recession and our other wars, I'm not sure we have the man power to save the ponies.
  • That's how many felt about our involvement in Libya, but we were able to throw out Gadaffi (or Gadafi or Gataffi or Quatafi) and restore freedom. The Equestrian rebels are already well armed with weapons from the captured depot in Salt Lick City, but they don't know how to use them. Even minimal involvement will give the ponies the ability to overthrow the Celestian regime and instate the Lunar Republic.
  • How effective will our fighters be if they have magic? We would be putting our soldiers at risk.
  • Fight magic with the undead.
  • The list of petitions offered so far are mostly a sad bunch of "legalize weed!" and "tell us you're talking to aliens," but there's also a couple about horse slaughter and removing religious references from currency and the Pledge Of Allegiance. I just wish people would learn how to use the internet and sign onto pre existing petitions instead of making their own.
  • How effective will our fighters be if they have magic? We would be putting our soldiers at risk.
    I think UAVs would be heavily utilized as an augmentation to the Pegasus air force.
    Yeah, they might have magic, but we have the gnosis.
  • UAVs in MLP? Drone pilots get PTSD enough without being ordered to kill adorable talking animals.
  • Petition to divert the entire military budget towards building Gundams.

If we're going to fritter away trillions, we might as well fritter it away on something fucking awesome.
  • Though the Internet was invented at DARPA, the United States has much slower Internet service at much higher prices than than the rest of the world. That is inexcusable. The US should be #1 in both.
    Should be? Maybe. Can it be? Never. The US, as a country, is too retarded for such things. The first half of the quote cements it.
  • I signed all the petitions that made sense and tweeted the ones that are actually important.

Not that this will matter, but I'd like to at least see the responses. ;^)
  • more than once choice for service
    I can't sign something with a typo, sorry.