This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Play board games online for free

edited July 2007 in Board Games
There is a new site called Game Table Online. They are offering free lifetime memberships to the first 500 or so people who sign up. Here is the link. You basically have to register an account normally, then go back to the site and sign in with the password you got in your confirmation e-mail. Then click the join now button on the side and sign in again to get core status. The one rule is that you have to play 5 games against real people each month. I'll see how long I can maintain that, but I'll try. It shouldn't be hard since they seem to have Tigris and Euphrates as one of the available games.

Comments

• So, when will our first game night be? I need to get those 5 games under my belt!
  • I'll wait to sign up until I know I'll have some games to play.
  • I'll wait to sign up until I know I'll have some games to play.
    Well, I just signed up, and apparently I don't have a lifetime membership. FTL! Under my personal info, it states that my "free time," ends 2007/07/16.
  • Well, I just signed up, and apparently I don't have a lifetime membership. FTL! Under my personal info, it states that my "free time," ends 2007/07/16.
    You have to click on a special thing after you sign up. Did you read?
  • You have to click on a special thing after you sign up. Did you read?
    Oh shits! Ignore last post. haha.
  • Yeah! I like free lifetime memberships! Now I just have to learn how to play a lot of these games!
  • RymRym
    edited July 2007
    From the FAQ:
    Q. When does the server reset?
    In order to ensure that the server continues to run smoothly we have it reset each day at 3:00 AM EST (UTC -5 hours, -4 hours in the summer). Unfortunately, any games that are in progress at that time will be ended abruptly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Daily reboots?  These obviously aren't the most professional or technologically proficient people.  I wouldn't trust them with my money.  Epic fail.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited July 2007
    Hmm... I'm having trouble. I registered, then logged in. I can't seem to find any "Join Now" button, either on the main page or in my membership settings.
    Oh, that's why. I registered with the site that the article was on, rather than the site it linked. I'm an idiot.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Daily reboots? What the heck are they running for a server?
  • Windows 95 apparently.
  • Gentoo Linux installation apparently.
  • What the heck are they running for a server?
    Daily reboots are commonly required on Windows servers running Java web applications.  It has to do with poor memory management.
  • Egads! Can't these java web apps run on a BSD or Linux server?
  • Egads! Can't these java web apps run on a BSD or Linux server?
    Yeah, they can. You just need to have Java web start installed.
  • Sounds like someone could make some quick money by offering some web services to this company!