This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• A certain someone is in a Chicken Costume.

If this doesn't end in Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog references, someone has not been doing their job properly.
  • "The amount of fun has been doubled" is ripe for memeing.
  • Yes, seriously George... and duh it's just ponies. That's why it's not a big deal. I'm not upset. But I do like the surprises in the show, which is why I skipped out on this thread until I could watch the episode. I don't particularly want to learn all about the episode before I watch it.
  • "The amount of fun has been doubled" is ripe for memeing.
    Me and JTVH have adopted that to be the new household motto.
  • One pony's a Mortal Kombat Ninja!
  • So, Rarity never appeared. First episode without one of the Mane 6?
  • I suppose on technological but there are many an episode in which one of the main characters are delegated to the background. I don't think it's really anything important.
  • "I'm going to do what I do best, LECTURE HER!"

Also Pinkie Pie was wonderful as always.
  • I suppose on technological but there are many an episode in which one of the main characters are delegated to the background. I don't think it's really anything important.
    Yeah, but Rarity wasn't even in the background.
  • Wow, how could they miss that? Rarity MAKES CLOTHING. I'd think she'd love costuming.
  • Great episode. Luna was not what I expected at all. She's a bit different from her season 1 appearance.
  • Wow, how could they miss that? Rarity MAKES CLOTHING. I'd think she'd love costuming.
    Actually, given how often serious designers are pushed to make cutting edge, wow-worthy clothing without being costumey, she might actually consider it beneath her. Costumes are a somewhat different niche.
  • I think the episode would have been much funnier, if Rarity just trolled everyone by wearing a really good Luna costume. When I heard Luna speak, there was no mistaking.
  • edited October 2011
    Pinkie rather stole the show in this one, but it's good to see Luna being used again. No Rarity was weird, but her and Luna kind of have similar personality traits in being overly dramatic. However, usually when one of the main ponies doesn't appear in the show, it's a cue for the next episode to be centered around that pony, so that might be something to look forward too. It happened with Boast Busters which had no Fluttershy in it and was followed by Dragonshy, and Feeling Pinkie-keen had no Rainbow Dash which was followed by Sonic Rainboom (this should also answer Axel's question. Also, Look before you Sleep had no Dash, no Pinkie, and no Fluttershy).

Also would have liked to see the Cutey Mark Crusaders in Halloween outfits, but alas. And Fluttershy was delightful as always, particularly the slapstick bit of her running against the door.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
    Actually, given how often serious designers are pushed to make cutting edge, wow-worthy clothing without being costumey, she might actually consider it beneath her. Costumes are a somewhat different niche.
    She wouldn't react well:
  • edited October 2011
    I can tell you one thing, while Luna was great, the fanon is FUCKED. In every story/comic I've read, she's this introverted character. I'm glad they gave her some depth and her grow as a character, but I can already almost hear all the fanfiction writers screaming in anguish.

Thank you, Hub! ^_^

However, I think her use of ye olde english and the screamy voice was a bit contrived. I mean, she wasn't released from the moon yesterday. Surely Celestia has had SOME time to help her acclimate.
    "I'm going to do what I do best, LECTURE HER!"
    I laughed out loud at this. It was very well played.
    One pony's a Mortal Kombat Ninja!
    Instead of shurikens they throw apple slices.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I can tell you one thing, while Luna was great, the fanon is FUCKED. In every story/comic I've read, she's this introverted character. I'm glad they gave her some depth and her grow as a character, but I can already almost hear all the fanfiction writers screaming in anguish.

Thank you, Hub! ^_^
    "It was like a thousand voices suddenly screamed out in angrish, and were suddenly silenced."

• Also would have liked to see the Cutey Mark Crusaders in Halloween outfits, but alas.
    I thought I saw werewolf scootaloo.
  • and were suddenly silenced."
    Don't we wish.
  • edited October 2011
    So no-one can cry about it later. Spoilers!
    Seriously those ponies need to learn to communicate. When Zecora was telling the story of Nightmare Moon I wondered why hasn't anyone thought about the fact that Nighmare Moon is now Princess Luna, I'd say that it would be a good reason to try to hide her Boogeyman side away. Also clearly Trollestia didn't tell her sister anything that could have helped her to get around the modern Ponyville. Jut simple tip like "We don't shout all the time anymore, only when Twilight has fucked up."
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • So no-one can cry about it later. Spoilers!
    Seriously those ponies need to learn to communicate. When Zecora was telling the story of Nightmare Moon I wondered why hasn't anyone thought about the fact that Nighmare Moon is now Princess Luna, I'd say that it would be a good reason to try to hide her Boogeyman side away. Also clearly Trollestia didn't tell her sister anything that could have helped her to get around the modern Ponyville. Jut simple tip like "We don't shout all the time anymore, only when Twilight has fucked up."
    Not to mention Pinkie Pie is the instigator for most of the panic, and she's supposed to be the element of laughter! She even sang a song in the first season opener!
  • edited October 2011
    I really liked this episode. I thought the ending was a little forced - or at least, missing a scene where Luna makes up with the adults/brings Zecora on board - but otherwise this was average-great ponies. I don't get the no-Rarity complaint, unless it's tongue in cheek. Lots of ponies were missing from lots of episodes last season, and her scene was cut for pacing (which was a good decision in my opinion because this episode was less compressed than the first 3 episodes this season.) She just went first this season.

Post edited by Nissl on
    Not to mention Pinkie Pie is the instigator for most of the panic, and she's supposed to be the element of laughter! She even sang a song in the first season opener!
    Well I'd say after taking to consideration the end of the episode that Pinkie was just playing around. Even element of Laughter understands that in [pony Halloween] it's all about being scared and screaming and running instead of laughter. Of course she didn't stop to think how Luna might feel, but she is a pony who does cartwheels on other ponies and bodyslams her friends to wall while dancing.
    Well I'd say after taking to consideration the end of the episode that Pinkie was just playing around. Even element of Laughter understands that in [pony Halloween] it's all about being scared and screaming and running instead of laughter. Of course she didn't stop to think how Luna might feel, but she is a pony who does cartwheels on other ponies and bodyslams her friends to wall while dancing.
    That may be, and I can certainly see laughter being translated as more "having fun with your friends" but when you get so into the spirit that you actually cause a wild panic that destroys the currently festivities and gets the next year cancelled, I think you need a lesson in moderation.
    That may be, and I can certainly see laughter being translated as more "having fun with your friends" but when you get so into the spirit that you actually cause a wild panic that destroys the currently festivities and gets the next year cancelled, I think you need a lesson in moderation.
    Pinkie Pie probably doesn't even know the word moderation.
  • Moderation? Silly, that's not how you say party!

• Also would have liked to see the Cutey Mark Crusaders in Halloween outfits, but alas. And Fluttershy was delightful as always, particularly the slapstick bit of her running against the door.
    If you pause the episode during the scene after Luna hugs Fluttershy where Pinkie and the children show up and then run away, you can see all of the CMCs in their costumes.

Sweetie Belle is Dracula
    Scootaloo is the Werewolf
    Applebloom is the Bride of Frankenstein
  • Luna was adorkable in this episode. Pip is now my new favorite kid pony.
  • edited October 2011
    My fav lines!

My
    You make a great weirdo clown Twilight!
    HOW MANY POINTS DO I RECIVE!!!!!
    Pinkie Pie you're a genius? No Im not! Im a chicken!
    Post edited by KapitänTim on