This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111026 - The New 52: Week Two

edited October 2011 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, continuing with our full review of all of the New 52 from DC, including Batman and Robin, Batwoman, Deathstroke, Demon Knights, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Green Lantern, Grifter, Legion Lost, Mister Terrific, Red Lanterns, Resurrection Man, Suicide Squad, and Superboy. Rym's in Japan, so if you're looking for our coverage of the New York Comic Con, stay tuned in the next few weeks!

Download MP3

Comments

• I think you guys suck at reading comics. While I won't say that Batwoman was a paragon of sequential art or anything, I didn't have any of the problems you had. I looked at that cover with no prior information of Batwoman and decided to start reading it, and didn't have any difficulty understanding what was happening or who people were. The characters weren't great, the plot was middling but interesting enough; I wouldn't call it great, but it was certainly good, and definitely not meh. I think you guys didn't try very hard to figure out what was going on because you didn't have any investment, and were specifically planning on not reading any follow-up comics.
    • Batman didn't actually reboot, neither did Green Lantern.
    • DC's management of what exactly is being rebooted and how things fit into the new timeline has been really sloppy. I'd almost ask why bother doing something like this if you're just going to do it half-assed, but then I remember that this whole thing is mostly a publicity stunt.
    • I don´t get it.
      If they really won´t to attract new readers, why don´t they just make Out-Of-Continuity-Comics?
    • edited October 2011
      I don´t get it.
      If they really won´t to attract new readers, why don´t they just make Out-Of-Continuity-Comics?
      Continuity appeals to non nerds. Thus Soap Operas
      Post edited by colbyblogger on
    • I only read Demon Knights and thought it was pretty fun.