This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fitocracy - Train to lift ten Pokemon.

edited October 2011 in Everything Else
Invite link.

I snagged an invite when Gabe posted his invite link. It's a pretty interesting site. The idea of personal fitness as an RPG has been done (or at least the joke has been made before), but this at least pulls it off in a vaguely interesting fashion. I'm hoping they add a nutrition tracker, too, but I'm not counting on it. :3

Comments

• I'm in. It'd probably be nice to get fit along with other people.
  • Signed in, and not interested. No button to delete account. Oh well.
  • I'm in, thanks for the link.
  • I'll check it out. However, I have so much tracking software at this point I can't promise I'll remember to use it :-p
  • I'll check it out.
  • I think, if we all work out concurrently, it'll definitely improve our fitness experience.
  • all invites gone. Boooooo!
  • This actually kinda sucks, I prefer Daily plate where I can log exercise and what I eat...

I mean a circuit isn't even an opinion to select....
  • If you guys know of a better alternative, then we should definitely use it. I still think group fitness is a good idea, no matter where we do it.
  • Can I eventually be able to lift a snorlax?
  • I'm really liking it. I don't really need any nutrition tracking, because that is not the main cause of my weight, it is my generally appalling lack of fitness. It's very simple to log exercises, once you've found them on the list.

Invite link for anyone else that wants it.
  • I will check this out if I ever put on enough weight that I'm not afraid of my pelvis ripping my skin apart.
  • I will check this out if I ever put on enough weight that I'm not afraid of my pelvis ripping my skin apart.
    Being that skinny sounds pretty nice.
    Being that skinny sounds pretty nice.
    It sucks as much as being overweight. I frequently eat things that I think taste like garbage because they keep me at a steady 5 lbs underweight. Added irritation that a medication I take (for unrelated reasons) makes it rare that I feel genuinely hungry. It's very much a first world problem, but so is -- if I may be frank -- being fat.
  • I rarely experience hunger and commonly finding myself saying "Oh, it's been *way too long for a person to go without eating*. I should eat." It's fucked my metabolism. Having malformed cartilage in all of my major joints doesn't help with a desire/ability to exercise as much as I should. But I make do, being borderline obese.

>_<
  • I wasn't trying to one-up you, or say that you don't also have challenges, just that both ends of the spectrum suck equally.
  • I wasn't trying to one-up you, or say that you don't also have challenges, just that both ends of the spectrum suck equally.
    I didn't take it that way. I wasn't trying to one up you, either. Just exploring why your grass is greener to me, sir/ma'am. /offers hand in peace
  • /accepts hand. I'm glad we could resolve this without thermo-nuclear warfare.
  • I've been learning to do this for the past 2 months.

• The site has become a bit meh for me recently, I just can't be arsed to update it...

Still exercising; my resting heart rate is now about 60, it was in the upper 80's when I started working out in August. A bit surprised at the rate of improvement.
  • edited November 2011
    I've been learning to do this for the past 2 months
    You know what I've learned? I can just chuck on some dark cargo pants, a dark shirt, and my welding mask, and I'll be the most fashionable dude at the club. Breath masks? Greasy kid's stuff, mate, Get yourself one of these.

Also, I kinda forgot about fitocracy, simply because it's too irritating to update, since I don't do a lot of exercising sitting at my computer. I think it might have Runkeeper intergration now, so I might have a bit more of a look, but it's not terribly useful at the moment.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2011
    I've been learning to do this for the past 2 months
    You know what I've learned? I can just chuck on some dark cargo pants, a dark shirt, and my welding mask, and I'll be the most fashionable dude at the club. Breath masks? Greasy kid's stuff, mate, Get yourself one of these.
    When I go to the club, I think about how a pill-popping tagger with my grandfather's fashion sense would dress, and then I do that.

Seems to work, judging by the more recent responses of random ladies to my wardrobe. Also, everyone in Nukey thinks I'm Seth Rogen because of my beard and unruly curly hair. Seriously, four different people have accused me of being Seth Rogen.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm leaning more towards Steampunk these days, never liked the cybergoth look. I don't really like the masks and hair, but I really dig the dance style.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm leaning more towards Steampunk these days, never liked the cybergoth look. I don't really like the masks and hair, but I really dig the dance style.
    To be fair, I don't actually own a supplied air respirator, I only wear breath protection if I'm welding stainless, which is rare enough not to warrant buying a proper system for it. That said...yeah, pretty much half the people I know in LA either dress in that style, or at least co-inhabit with it.

As for myself, I go more for the Devil-making-deals look if I'm going to that sort of club. Apart from looking like I fell into a vat of black dye, I look like I should be playing faro in Dodge city a hundred years ago, or running bathtub gin in the 1920s.

Think like this, but with more black and slightly modernised.

Or maybe that's just an excuse to post some filthy prohibition-era jazz. We may never know.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Or maybe that's just an excuse to post some filthy prohibition-era jazz. We may never know.
    Either way, nice video. I like that look as well.