This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movember: Grow your hair for cancer! aka Beard Wars!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    So apparently Movember rules disallow goatees.

Fuck that. I'm keepin' mine. I will add the 'stache.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I don't think shaving my Van Dyke would be a good idea at all. I might be willing to just let everything grow in November, head hair included. I'd need to see if Kate would mind, seeing as she is on the business end of my facial hair and may oppose to kissing the equivalent of a wild cactus.
  • For those who can't/won't participate just grow it out in support. Post weekly pics. I just want to see facial hair.

Jeremy is being a wuss and doesn't want to shave his.
  • I wish I could rock facial hair. >_>
  • Also, Started in Australia. Big ups for the original Mo-bros.

Curiously, the most often cited rule of Movember - that you have to shave it off at the end of the month - was never at any point a rule, in fact, they encourage you to keep it.
  • edited October 2011

I don't think shaving my Van Dyke would be a good idea at all. I might be willing to just let everything grow in November, head hair included. I'd need to see if Kate would mind, seeing as she is on the business end of my facial hair and may oppose to kissing the equivalent of a wild cactus.
    This is cool, I think we should all just do something different for the month of November.

I'm gonna rock the 'stache.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • So we're still doing this as a Movember team, right? I'm just ignoring the "no goatee" rule because fuck you.
  • Yes, fuck them and their rules. Have fun and try to raise money for the cause.
  • edited October 2011
    I don't think shaving my Van Dyke would be a good idea at all.
    I'm in this boat, but I'll style my beard and moustache for the cause.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I will add the 'stache.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • I will add the 'stache.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Listen, it's for prostate cancer. I'm keeping the goatee.
  • edited October 2011
    I will add the 'stache.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Listen, it's for prostate cancer. I'm keeping the goatee.
    Are there really people out there who say they will not donate money to cancer research unless you grow a mustache? Those people are dicks.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Are there really people out there who say they will not donate money to cancer research unless you grow a mustache? Those people are dicks.
    Well, it's also fun. So fun and a good cause!

I will modify my kissing technique so as to not stab you with my lip.
  • I will modify my kissing technique so as to not stab you with my lip.
    This proposition is acceptable.
  • Thank god, I thought we'd have to break into song.
  • I'm not sure I understand why the organizers want clean-shaven faces at the start. I feel like a month of "Hey! Look at my wildly styled facial hair! Please help men with cancer!" would be just as effective. I mean, have you ever seen a man with a truly magnificent handlebar moustache? That is an inspiring sight, and one that can't be accomplished in a month.
  • edited October 2011
    Mr Rubin, could we get this thread stickied until December?
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Mr Rubin, could we get this thread stickied until December?
    Do not ask for stickies. Too many stickies. I am anti-sticky. If something is important, it will stay on the front page naturally from people discussing it.
  • On that note, why do we have separate threads for introductions and how you found Geeknights?
  • On that note, why do we have separate threads for introductions and how you found Geeknights?
    Because those are two different topics?
  • You could easily combine them.

Now, tell me which anime this is from:
  • Do not ask for stickies. Too many stickies. I am anti-sticky. If something is important, it will stay on the front page naturally from people discussing it.
    Ok. <_>
  • Now, tell me which anime this is from:
    Madoka? Higepiyo?
  • I'm not shaving clean. The growing shall continue unabated.
  • I'm going for a Dali moustache:

• I'm not shaving clean. The growing shall continue unabated.
    I think I'm going to do the same because it doesn't itch, and I have never made it this far without itching before.
  • I'm enduring the itch right now. I'm going to try using conditioner.
    Never tried that. I just scrub the heck out of it in the shower.
    Never tried that. I just scrub the heck out of it in the shower.
    I use a light shampoo, but my beard is immensely coarse and curly, so I get a particularly wicked beard itch.
  • @Apreche; You look pretty handsome like that ^ As long as it doesn't itch, you should try leaving it for a while.