This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movember: Grow your hair for cancer! aka Beard Wars!

Comments

• Hey, are you guys doing anything to solicit donations? I see you currently have none.
    You could fix that...
  • edited November 2011
    Actually I don't have any money. But I could solicit donations. That's why I asked if you already have propaganda.

Can you guys upload photos to the official team page?
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • You can join too, mo sisters are welcome.
  • The only place that I shave where it grows with enough speed to matter is NSFW. Or posting on the internet at all, for that matter.
  • Not what I meant...
  • The only place that I shave where it grows with enough speed to matter is NSFW. Or posting on the internet at all, for that matter.
    Mo sisters don't post pictures of their hair - they act as team members to solicit donations for the men. Like cheerleaders for facial hair.

Hey, maybe you can take a picture of me this weekend. In the Viking garb. That would make for a unique Movember solicitation picture. I suck at taking pictures of me.

• Ooooh. I see.
  • I'll join! Although I haven't gotten much growing yet. It is only day 3, but my growth thus far is relatively despicable.
  • Actually I don't have any money. But I could solicit donations. That's why I asked if you already have propaganda.

I'll try and get something up tonight. My life has been very busy lately.
  • I think we need to come up with some milestone promises to induce donations. I will brainstorm with Pete this weekend.
  • Actually I don't have any money. But I could solicit donations. That's why I asked if you already have propaganda.

I'll try and get something up tonight. My life has been very busy lately.
    I'm kinda on the same boat, I'll try and fix my profile stuff this weekend.

• So I take it the answer to the question is yes, the page does allow photo uploads.
  • edited November 2011

Just shaved my head and removed the neck beard. You can see the no-beard area in the third picture right behind the spot where the moustache goes down. Also, I got the lotion and put it on my head after I showered away all the hairs. We'll see how that goes.

Am I winning? If I don't win soon, then I'll end up with the hasidic jew beard.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Don't worry about the beardless spot. It's hardly noticeable. Also, thank you. I can now update my "Scott is Unimpressed" picture.
  • must say that is a mighty fine beard
  • I am kinda impressed both with the speed of that beard, and how it doesn't look too bad. Much Better than Rym's Molestache.
  • Scott, you should rock that beard all the time. Get a trimmer and just keep it down.
  • Scott, you should rock that beard all the time. Get a trimmer and just keep it down.
    I'll agree with that - stop it getting into hasidic territory, and neaten up those cheeks - it'd look pretty goddamned fine.
  • Seriously, it makes your jawline stronger and makes you look more mature. Now you just need to fix the crazy eyes...
  • edited November 2011
    Now you just need to fix the crazy eyes...
    Seriously, this is like the pic you see of the crazy shooter on the news. :P

Post edited by George Patches on
  • I will probably donate but not participating. Not willing to cut my goatee (without mustache).
  • I'll get a pic up soon. I didn't shave my Van Dyke but I did my neck and cheeks. And Scootaloo you need to grow out the Hasidic curly long sideburn thingies.
  • After seeing Scott pictures I wondered how he would like with opposite ratio of hair to beard. So I took GIMP and made this monster. It will probably haunt my nightmares.

Sorry Scott for doing this to your face, but when inspiration strikes I have to act.
  • This picture makes me cry. I am so scared right now. This is nightmare fuel.
    I have a trimmer, but it doesn't really work. Most of the hairs are flat against my face, so the trimmer passes right over them. I was mostly using it before to maintain stubble-length beard without fully shaving. If I set it any higher, it only trims the stray hairs that happen to be poking straight up.
  • It kind of makes you look like Neal Stephenson.
  • pictures uploaded!
    http://mobro.co/Papionda
    Check it! DONATE! TO MEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Most of my co-workers on the first floor on my lab will be in for Movember. It is going to be so awesome :D