This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movember: Grow your hair for cancer! aka Beard Wars!

Comments

• After seeing Scott pictures I wondered how he would like with opposite ratio of hair to beard. So I took GIMP and made this monster. It will probably haunt my nightmares.

Sorry Scott for doing this to your face, but when inspiration strikes I have to act.
    Reminds me of John Cleese for some reason.
  • edited November 2011
    You guys realize that Movember is about growing and grooming a mustache, not any kind of beard, right?

Anyway, I thought I should share the following. This is the mask Anaheim Ducks goaltender Jonas Hiller will wear this month, featuring images of his teammates with mustaches drawn on them (and Hiller himself on the backplate).

And this one is the mask Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas will wear this month.

Both of them will be auctioned off after this month and the proceeds will be donated to testicular cancer research.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Food for thought: I'm never started, nor intended to participate in Movember. This thread was hijacked by the Movember guys, where it was originally about beards between Jason and me.
  • Food for thought: I'm never started, nor intended to participate in Movember. This thread was hijacked by the Movember guys, where it was originally about beards between Jason and me.
    So you care about your beard war with Jason more than raising cancer awareness? 'Kay, that's cool.

• So you care about your beard war with Jason more than raising cancer awareness? 'Kay, that's cool.
    Yes, because shaving my beard into a mustache is going to magically cure cancer. How about we instead just tell all of our close friends to let a qualified dude (or dudette) stick his (or her) finger up their butts every once and a while.

Also, that's a nice $0 you guys have raised so far.

• I just donated $10 under the team name. I have now done 100% more for cancer research than all of you combined. Suck my beard.
  • So you care about your beard war with Jason more than raising cancer awareness? 'Kay, that's cool.
    Yes, because shaving my beard into a mustache is going to magically cure cancer. How about we instead just tell all of our close friends to let a qualified dude (or dudette) stick his (or her) finger up their butts every once and a while.

Also, that's a nice $0 you guys have raised so far.

Sorry, I don't know how to greentext with HTML.

• Congrats, you got me to rage donate to charity.
    Mission accomplished.

Just wait till Nuri uploads my moustache photo. It'll be epic.

• I need to shave to rest of my face and take a pic of my sorry mustache.
  • I gave 5 euros so far. I'll be paying rather than growing a mo.
  • Everyone taking part, try to post up a pic tonight of the first week's progress. Then we need to start begging for donations. ~_^
  • I need to clean up the beard and then a picture shall be posted.
  • edited November 2011
    http://www.movember.com/m/1686194

Angry Viking hates ball and prostate cancer. You can make it easier by donating now, and avoiding the inevitable rape/pillage/burn.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Together, we can suck at mustache-growing harder than anyone has ever sucked before!
  • Together, we can suck at mustache-growing harder than anyone has ever sucked before!
    We might have to have a competition for the worst stache.
    We might have to have a competition for the worst stache.
    I'll throw in on the bad-stache-off tomorrow morning when I shave, but I don't think I'm gonna win that competition.
  • I hereby commit $10 for the worst mustache, as per consensus of various forum members, but the final decision will be made by me.

I also commit to donate $10 for the best mustache, as per consensus of various forum members, but again with the final decision made by me.
  • edited November 2011

This is after only about 3 or 4 days. I forgot not to shave last week. Also, I have a question for anyone. How do I make my face not itch like crazy? I am scratching constantly right now.

Post edited by canine224 on
  • Once I get paid I'm putting my money where my mouth is a donating a few bucks. I love facial hair!
  • This is after only about 3 or 4 days. I forgot not to shave last week. Also, I have a question for anyone. How do I make my face not itch like crazy? I am scratching constantly right now.
    Use a light soap or shampoo and scrub your beard. The itching is usually caused by dead skin or coarse facial hair. Just clean it while you're in the shower and your beard itch should disappear. My beard comes in nearly coarse enough to dread up, and I just make sure to scrub my face every time I'm in the shower. I've never had any problems with itch.

• Use a light soap or shampoo and scrub your beard. The itching is usually caused by dead skin or coarse facial hair. Just clean it while you're in the shower and your beard itch should disappear. My beard comes in nearly coarse enough to dread up, and I just make sure to scrub my face every time I'm in the shower. I've never had any problems with itch.

Oh, cool, I will try that, thanks. I have been trying not to wash it too much, I thought maybe washing it too much was contributing to the itch. I will try doing a bit more scrubbing now and see if that helps.

• Yeah. Make sure you use something that moisturizes for the best results.
  • Say goodbye to this beard, folks. Lisa wants me clean-shaven. We're nearing the six-week mark after she delivered, and you know what that means, don't you, you cheeky bastards.

To be clear, I'm talking about sex. And beards are pokey.

My penis is the hammer.