This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111115 - Jared Sorensen

edited November 2011 in GeekNights
Yeah, I screwed up the bowling ball printing challenge, but at least the error was in your favor. Lesson learned! I'm pretty sure Scott knew I was screwing it up, but he was in it to win it and wasn't about to correct me.

I was in the Opera House/Bees/Blank Grandfather game with Jared; it was at Burning Con 10/10/10. The grandfather was Kate Monster's, and the whole interaction pretty much freaked her out. She ended up friending the hacker, which bled her flow because he was tanking. Very cool.

I remember reading in another forum a discussion about how to print up a blank. One suggestion I liked that could be an extra step to what Jared described was: Gift the blank to itself.

Comments

• Oh yeah, I forgot to rewrite the automatic forum posting code. Soon! Also going to include automatic Facebook and G+ posting code.
  • Cool. Can you retro add a thread for the Redline episode so I can berate you for not even ONCE mentioning the *real* best character of the show, FUNK-E-BOY!!!
  • The episode starts over from the beginning at about 10:20.
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to rewrite the automatic forum posting code. Soon! Also going to include automatic Facebook and G+ posting code.
    Did G+ finally release a write API?

Also, I gotta play me some Freemarket.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2011
    The episode starts over from the beginning at about 10:20.
    Weird. I'm investigating currently. (I can also edit posts whenever I want. ;^) )
    Post edited by Rym on
  • That be awesome if Jared can come to MAGfest, would LOVE to record a Parsley game with a crowd of people with no prep time. The looks and things that a blind audience would do is priceless.
  • Damn, I need to get to Denmark.
  • I presume this is a loaded question given my audience but I presume you guys think the $50 kickerstarter donation is worthwhile as a way to get all the games?
  • I presume this is a loaded question given my audience but I presume you guys think the $50 kickerstarter donation is worthwhile as a way to get all the games?
    I would have done it if I had not already owned the previous games.

It's not exactly cost efficient - If you want to donate, or you want the "in-patient roster" prize, then of course it's worth it, but if all you're looking for is physical versions of the games, purchasing them is cheaper.
  • Good show. Thanks guys.

The game about the Fat Man is called Fat Man Down.
    It's a bit more elegant / complex than Jared tells it. The fat man is in on the whole deal.

It is true that there is a save word and the other players are told not to stop when the fat man use it. But here comes the kicker: The one who plays the fat man know this and has a second save word!
    If he use the second save word - then the GM will stop the game.
    It's not a happy game but the true horror is the experience of being a bully - not being bullied.

Apart from this technicality Jared is very right in his description of our gaming style.