This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• The correct spelling on the Lana image should be, as I have said numerous times now, "Yuuuuuuuu-P."
  • edited November 2011
    6 is Lord of War
    19 is The Hurt Locker
    20 is Patton
    21 is Black Hawk Down
    29 is The Patriot

Mel Gibson was in the Patriot and Braveheart, and Adam Baldwin was in both the Patriot and Full Metal Jacket.

EDIT : Dammit ninja'd.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited November 2011
    This one was awesome. I think I got em all except 10, 12, 13, 17 and 29. BUt i got guesses for those. Love it!

PS Favorite Lana quote is "Yyyyyyes I doooooo." She has a very musical cadence to her speech.
    Post edited by TorontoKev on
  • Toy Story 3 is the highest grossing animated film in the world, Shrek 2 only beat it in America.
  • edited November 2011
    EDIT: Post fail, just ignore this.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • YOU WILL ALL LOVE THE NEXT 2 WEEKS PHOTO FRIDAYS!

I SHIT YOU NOT! BE EXCITED!
  • They had better love tomorrow's OR ELSE.
  • Oh, yeah. About that. I'm postponing that one for next week. However, I KNOW you will love tomorrow's. You will pee your pants with joy.
  • Nooooooooooooooooo... okay. I trust you, Ro.
  • edited November 2011
    Here are the answers for last weeks war movies:

1. Schindler's List
    2. Apocalypse Now
    3. Saving Private Ryan
    4. Lawrence of Arabia
    5. Das Boot
    6. Lord of War
    7. The Bridge on the River Kwai
    8. The Great Dictator
    9. Full Metal Jacket
    10. Pan's Labyrinth
    11. Braveheart
    12. Grave of the Fireflies
    13. The Great Escape
    14. Inglourious Basterds
    15. Platoon
    16. The Deer Hunter
    17. All Quiet on the Western Front
    18. Tropic Thunder
    19. The Hurt Locker
    20. Patton
    21. Black Hawk Down
    22. Master and Commander
    23. Born on the Fourth of July
    24. The Dirty Dozen
    25. Three Kings
    26. Gallipoli
    27. Pearl Harbor
    28. Glory
    29. The Patriot
    30. Casualties of War
    31. Empire of the Sun
    32. Starship Troopers

Here is today's: May The Triforce Be With You

In celebration of the upcoming release of Skyward Sword this weekend, we give you this Legend of Zelda Photo Friday.

Name each character(s) from the Legend of Zelda universe in the image provided.

Bonus Trivia:

1. In #17, what do each of those girls personify?

2. The characters in 28-33 are commonly known as this group. Of that group, they represent two different things from each other. What are they for each individual? Also, who is their leader?

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 11/24/11, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.

It's dangerous to do this alone, so feel free to use any resource at your disposal. Besides, the internet is not a secret to everybody.

So, take any road you want and best of luck, Hylians!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I accept this, Ro. Good job.
  • I will have you know that I downloaded some Zelda font just to make those numbers. ^___~
  • Ro, #27 could be any number of faeries from the series.
  • Its blue though. Theres blue, purple, white, etc... Is there more than one blue? Can't remember, grr.
  • Ro, #27 could be any number of faeries from the series.
    But when you first see it, who do you think of? It's the most obvious and notable one. Don't go full fanboy here.
  • The owl has a fucking name? Are you shitting me? It must be hoot-hoot or something.

Also, no kiki the monkey = fail.
  • edited November 2011
    The owl has a fucking name? Are you shitting me? It must be hoot-hoot or something.

Also, no kiki the monkey = fail.
    Yes, because they named the wise owl after a Pokemon. :P

Also, I got this from a list of what is considered most notable and recurring characters. One of them is pretty tricky due to most people really don't know about it, yet
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2011
    WATCH OUT FOR POTENTIAL SPOILERS ON #7. IF YOU ARE ON A WIKI PAGE, JUST LOOK AT THE NAME.

Also, sent in my answers.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • WATCH OUT FOR POTENTIAL SPOILERS ON #7. IF YOU ARE ON A WIKI PAGE, JUST LOOK AT THE NAME.
    Yeah. I should probably warn people about that. Maybe.
  • The owl has a fucking name? Are you shitting me? It must be hoot-hoot or something.
    Yep, and it's also a re-incarnation of one of the sages. Though, there is another similar owl, who is simply called Owl. But that owl, Owl, is not this owl.

Yep, and it's also a re-incarnation of one of the sages. Though, there is another similar owl, who is simply called Owl. But that owl, Owl, is not this owl

• I'm editing this week's podcast and I think everyone here will greatly enjoy the math puzzle contained therein. I know Andrew did.
  • I'm editing this week's podcast and I think everyone here will greatly enjoy the math puzzle contained therein. I know Andrew did.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

• I HATE you so much right now. But that's ok. It's just the album art. It's nearly not as epic as Andrew was on the show.
  • For anyone who loves/doesn't love Andrew, I suggest you listen to this week's episode, where he is the best mathematician in the world.

It put me in tears.
  • It made Andrew grumpy.
  • So I just listened to the 11/25 episode and I hate you all.

But not really.

Well, except for Omar.
  • edited November 2011
    Right back at you kid :D
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Answers to the Zelda Photo Friday:
    1. Link
    2. Princess Zelda
    3. Ganon
    4. Agahnim
    5. Bellum
    6. Dark Link
    7. Demise
    8. Majora
    9. Malladus
    10. Onox
    11. Twinrova
    12. Vaati
    13. Veran
    14. Zant
    15. Epona
    16. Four Giants
    17. Golden Goddesses Nayru (Wisdom/Blue), Din (Power/Red), Farore (Courage/Green)
    18. Great Deku Tree
    19. Happy Mask Salesman
    20. Tingle
    21. Kaepora Gaebora
    22. King of Hyrule
    23. Linebeck
    24. Marin
    25. Midna
    26. Navi
    27. Old Man
    28. Raurur
    29. Saria
    30. Darunia
    31. Nabooru
    32. Impa
    33. Princess Ruto

This week: Photo Friday - It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights. It's time to play Photo Friday with the Muppet Show tonight!

Name that Muppet! Please note that certain boxes have several Muppets marked with letters. I want the names of those individual Muppets.

Also a big THANK YOU to Ryan Dorn aka Li Akahi for suggesting this as a category as well as pretty much doing most of the work for this. Thank you, Muppet Fanboy.

Send your submissions to ro.rosaka@gmail.com. Deadline is next Thursday, 12/08/11, at 12AM PST. One winner will be randomly selected and given a shout-out on our next recording.