This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

X-Large (Obesity in America Discussion)

Comments

• Where does this put Crunchberries?
    Preferably in my mouth.

• I will say that all these conflicting opinions are why I don't believe much of anything people say about diet.
  • edited November 2011
    I love pineapple and ham pizza, its my favorite >_>
    It IS the best of the "regular" menu items.

EDIT: Holy crap, forgot to check if there was a 2nd page before I posted...
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • I have such first world/middle class guilt about food (and most other "basic" conveniences).
  • edited November 2011
    Some people here don't know about the Garbage Plate. This is a Garbage Plate:

It's a Rochester delicacy.

By the by, there's a mysterious THIRD STARCH that you can't see in this picture.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • What the fuck am I even looking at.
  • edited November 2011
    You'll have to explain to me what exactly is on that plate. It looks like ground beef, onions, macaroni, and potatoes with some sort of unidentifiable red meat in the middle.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2011
    What the fuck am I even looking at.
    Dreams

It's lacking stale bread!
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Looks like macaroni salad, fried potatoes, sliced hot dogs, ground beef, and onions. I imagine there's some sort of sauce involved, too.
  • That looks like shitty poutine.
  • By the by, there's a mysterious THIRD STARCH that you can't see in this picture.
    Is there a tortilla or something underneath?
  • Dunno what it is, but it look honestly gross.
  • edited November 2011
    If they ask, "do you want extra meat sauce?", you're obliged to say yes.
  • edited November 2011
    That looks like shitty poutine.
    Poutine is a shitty attempt at a garbage plate.

Here, educate yourselves:

http://rocwiki.org/Garbage_Plates

If you've never had one, your life is incomplete. Also, substantially longer.

EDIT: Also, Yosho, your garbage plate needs about 20% more onions. And like 5000% more mustard.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited November 2011
    That looks like shitty poutine.
    True that. It probably tastes pretty good, but can't beat a good poutine with gravy and a few pints of stout.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Fuck, now I want a garbage plate.
  • edited November 2011
    EDIT: Also, Yosho, your garbage plate needs about 20% more onions. And like 5000% more mustard.
    Yeah, that's just the first image I could find. Garbage Plates remind me of that scene in Satyricon, when they have the feast (I think for Bacchus, but I'm not sure). They stuff the boars with sweetmeats and various smaller animals (sorta like a turdunken), then spend so long admiring the spread that the food goes cold. So they throw it away and cook more. Conspicuous consumption, indeed!

One time, I had the bright idea of eating half a plate, then taking the rest for leftovers. When I got it out of the fridge the next day, it had congealed into one solid mass of starch and meat and fat and oil.

It was delicious.
    They serve them at McGeary's downtown. It's not bad. I mean it's horrible for you, but it tastes good.

They serve them at McGeary's downtown. It's not bad. I mean it's horrible for you, but it tastes good.
    Oh right. I should go see if it's the real fuckin' deal or what.

• I remember seeing Garbage Plates on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. (Which is an awesome concept, but Guy Fieri is Satan's Jersey Shore Cousin) They look tasty, but lots of quick-fried stuff like that is.

I think the other sneaky food in the Fat America equation is Potatoes. They are vegetables, but starchy, and whenever we eat them, there's additional helpings of fat and salt. They are amazing and can be transformed in thousands of ways, but they are definitely eaten in abundance.
  • edited November 2011
    Yea, I've had a lot of luck limiting my potato intake, Pretty much any time a potato is the side dish I pick something else. It's been going pretty well. If I must have fries, I have sweet potatoes.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • This thread is why we're fat.
  • edited November 2011
    To bring everything in this thread together, here's the new kid on the New York Pizza scene, Artichoke Pizza:

It's a good thing.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • I thought I already settled this. Atlanta is where you get the best pizza.
  • Oh, fuck, definitely gonna grab a garbage plate as my first meal when I get back to Rochester on Saturday. Yes, they are delicious. It's basically just grease.
  • Man, I'm hungry and now I really want some of that artichoke pizza :|
  • Artichoke on pizza is a godsend. Been eating pizza with that on it for the last 4 years!
  • edited December 2011
    Coming before everyone's tastebuds is my boo yah today.
  • When I visited Rochester and RIT I was challenged with a Garbage Plate. I thought it was a joke when someone explained it to me. It ranks up there as one of the worst meals of my life.