This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111207 - Drops of God and two Movies

edited December 2011 in Anime
Tonight on GeekNights, we review the manga Drops of God, now in print in English from Vertical. We then briefly review Welcome to the Space Show and Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below (two anime movies definitely worth watching). But before that, we GeekBite the underrated Wolverine and the X-Men and we discuss the devastating news that Satoshi Kon's last (unfinished) work - The Dream Machine - has ceased production.

Be sure to check out our many lectures and other videos from PAX East 2011 and Pax Prime 2012 on the Youtube channel. We will be at Nerd Nite this Thursday presenting an abbreviated version of "Losing Should be Fun," nevermind MAGFest!

* Rym's Thing - Sentinels Can't do Anything Right
* Scott's Thing -

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20111207/drops-of-god-and-two-movies/

Comments

• So today we learned that Scott would be the Dad (as played by MC Frontalot) from the MC Lars song "O.G. Original Gamer".

• Scott, if you liked that Totoro x Star Wars thing, you may like James Hance's Wookie The Chew.

• Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong in the scene where Scott "I fucking love My Little Pony" Rubin is against anime because it's brow is not high enough?
  • edited December 2011
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I can't stop looking at that awesome decant.
  • edited December 2011
    I have being training to do that while making my buffers at work, that shit is hard! :O
    Also, that manga is magnificent! :D
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • If I could have one power it would be that.
  • I can't stop looking at that awesome decant.
    Do it in 2011 please. We need you here, now to do unspeakable things to the forums, you monster.
  • Is it just me or is there something seriously wrong in the scene where Scott "I fucking love My Little Pony" Rubin is against anime because it's brow is not high enough?
    Yes. Of course, he makes casts judgements on anything anyone recommends to him prior to his viewing it.
    Also, Wolverine and the X-men is a really fun show.

• Wolverine's mutton chops look like the are only across his cheek bones and then grown really long.
  • I would be remiss if I didn't mention that almost all of the creators of Wolverine and the X-Men have been working on the show Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. If the Avengers show is any indication, I should love Wolverine and the X-Men when I watch it on Netflix.
  • edited December 2011
    So I finally got my arse around to watching Children Who yaddiyaddidaa. To get to the point: The sex scene disturbed me greatly. WTF Makoto Shinkai, WTF.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Knowing nothing else about the movie, I guessed that Children... was a Makoto Shinkai movie from the title alone.
  • So I finally got my arse around to watching Children Who yaddiyaddidaa. To get to the point: The sex scene disturbed me greatly. WTF Makoto Shinkai, WTF.
    The which and the what now? I don't remember there being a sex scene.

• The which and the what now? I don't remember there being a sex scene.
    Be blissful in your ignorance. It was some of the worse consensual sex as well! Fucking dragonfly males just stabbing their prey in the eyes and going "BITCH, START SATISFYING ME!"