This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GN meetup at Otakon?

edited July 2007 in Conventions
I won't be at Otakon, unfortunately. I'm not sure if I'm in the anime con demographic, or if I would be branded "some dirty old man here to ogle the little girls doing cosplay". I'll likely be a Baltimore resident next year, so I bet I'll sign up and bring my son, a geek-in-training.

That said, I will be Baltimore on Friday the 20th. I'm going out there next week for a house hunting trip. If there are any other GeekNights denizens who'll be in Charm City, maybe we could arrange some sort of a meetup on Friday. There has to be a place a few GN'ers could gather for a beer or equally attractive non-alcoholic beverage. Rym and Scott would drink for free, of course.

Comments

• edited July 2007
    If there are any other GeekNights denizens who'll be in Charm City, maybe we could arrange some sort of a meetup on Friday.
    Why oh why does the Midwest need to be so boring and lonely?
    Post edited by cosmicenema on
  • 'Cause we don't have any people. :(
  • Here Here. MN is barren. Ever look at that frapper map?
  • I checked it out. It's sadly empty . . . and certainly not enough to get a con going.
  • Yeah, we're pretty much going to spend the vast majority of the day in and around Otakon itself. However, on Friday we are very likely to eat lunch in the food court next to the con. I have no way I can tell you what time that will be.