This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Favorite episode of GeekNights

edited November 2006 in GeekNights
What is your favorite episode of Geek Nights? You know you've got a lot of episodes to choose from. The unprepared episodes and random subject episodes like Geek Nights 061012- A terrible episode.

Comments

• GeekNights Special 001 - Bargle Bargle! was one of the funniest episodes I can remember.
    GeekNights 060817 - Hacking the Boardwalk was also very funny; but I might be biased as it was one of the first episodes I listened to.
  • My favorite episodes are the Zombie Apocalypse preparation episodes. XD The Worst Podcasts episodes was also pretty good.
  • My favorite 3 are:
    070607 - Horatio Hornblower
    060927 - Gyagu Manga Biyori
    060724 - Lies in Consumer Electronics
  • For some reason, my most listened to episode is the Evangelion one. Despite Scott's horrible summary of the show, I enjoy it a lot and cannot wait for the Final Thoughts episode.
  • edited July 2007
    Worst Podcasts episode as well as the Evangelion Final Thoughts episode that will actually come out.

Edit: Despite Rym's apparent contempt, I very much enjoy the Zombie Apocolypse episodes as well.
    Post edited by ironzealot on
  • Wow, no one has said masturbation. I have to that Super Soaker or Lego is my favorite.
  • I'm still catching up with all the archives. Slowly, but surely I will get to them all.

So far my favorites are: (in no particular order) Getting into Anime, How Not to be a Fanboy, and Masturbation. I'm sure more will be added as soon I finish listening to them.
  • Hands down is the masturbation episode. *Gets shot for the recycled pun.*
  • I really liked the RAID episode. I knew about RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and a vague idea of 5, but not real understanding. In fact it was so useful that I hooked another guy in the IT dept by explaining RAID to him and mentioning I learned it from Geek Nights. (Neither of us work on the hardware side of things in the company, more one the help function side of things at the agency) Plus I love learning about new(ish) things, which is why I'm subscribed to both the normal feed (Mon-Thur) and the Monday night feed (to download every Monday night and working my way through them). All the episodes were I get to learn about something I had no knowledge of or to expand my knowledge rank in my top episodes.
  • Plus I love learning about new(ish) things, which is why I'm subscribed to both the normal feed (Mon-Thur) and the Monday night feed (to download every Monday night and working my way through them). All the episodes were I get to learn about something I had no knowledge of or to expand my knowledge rank in my top episodes.
    Just so everyone knows. All of our feeds contain the most recent 100 episodes each. So the main feed has the most recent 100 episodes, period. The Monday feed has the most recent 100 Monday episodes. I think you get the idea. My point is that we've done a shitton of episodes. Pretty soon the show will be over two years old, and there will be more than 100 episodes for each day. The only way to get each and every episode of GeekNights is to go to frontrowcrew.com and download it. Also, don't tell me that a particular episode doesn't have a link to the mp3. They all have a link, you aren't looking hard enough.
  • Also, don't tell me that a particular episode doesn't have a link to the mp3. They all have a link, you aren't looking hard enough.
    Does that seriously happen a lot? Heh.

Note: downloading all episodes noted above.
  • Does that seriously happen a lot? Heh.
    Scarily often.
  • Eventually, once we've finished more pressing things, there's a good chance we'll make "archival" feeds of old episodes on a per-season basis, just to make it easy for people to get at them.  Don't expect this for several months, however. ^_~
  • More pressing things like putting something, ANYTHING in the experimental feed? If you guys don't deliver soon I'm going to quit paying my subscription fees... ~_^
  • Hacking the Boardwalk, the two zombie shows, and Thunder Dome are my all time favorites
  • Listen to Geeknights--trust me, I tell all of my geeky friends.

Two months later:
    "Have you listened to it yet? Did you get your friends to?"
    "Well sort of, they only listened to the Zombie Episode, oh and that Masturbation episode."
    "That's all you need."
  • the two zombie shows
    Wait . . . there are two? I only found the one titled GeekNights 060928 - Zombies part 1. What's the other one called?!
  • Well, then. Ask and you shall receive.
  • Well, then. Ask and you shall receive.
    I think we need a zombie episode on armaments of course. Or strategies for blockading yourself in cities of various sizes.
  • edited July 2007
    If you could pick any location (accessible to average civilians) what would you choose? Normally I'd say a Mall, but most of the larger malls have too many entrances and are too... obvious.

I'm thinking maybe a HomeDepot or the like. Just need a way to get food into all those fridges they have there. You already have all the makeshift weapons you would need as well as perfect items to barricade or protect on your trips out into the world.
    (Moving this to a new conversation)
    Post edited by Tasel on
  • I would agree with the Home Depot like place. KMart would be good too . . . they have guns.
  • edited July 2007
    I think my two favorite episodes are Thunderdome and Classic Battletech. Both gave me much lolz. I also thuroughly enjoyed your Utena episode. I go back every so often and listen to certain parts of it.

On the subject of Thunderdome, I think Scrym should perhaps have an annual Thunderdome, where all characters chosen previously cannot be used (to avoid redundancy), and the rules slightly updated. For instance, your Ed vs. M. Bison fight. You made an error there in saying that Chun-Li or E. Honda could beat M. Bison. Using that logic, you must also admit that Bridget, from GGX, can beat Justice (who is one of the cheapest bosses in any fighting game). Obviously Bridget cannot beat Justice in story cannon, just as E. Honda couldn't take M. Bison. For that reason, I think any future Thunderdomes (Please bring it back...please?) should have slightly tweaked rules.

The Worst Podcast Ever contest was a great one. As was ye olde Penny Arcade Card Game episode. I guess I just love hearing podcasters talking about things they hate, so long as they hate the right things (MGS2 AND THE BOUNCER WERE GREAT GAMES, DAVE FROM FAST KARATE!!!).
    Post edited by Rooster on
  • edited July 2007
    the two zombie shows
    Wait . . . there are two? I only found the one titled GeekNights 060928 - Zombies part 1. What's the other one called?!
    Weapons and Armaments. It was pretty awesome, and informative.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • KMart would be good too . . . they have guns.
    Would you let Rosie O'donnell in?
  • Weapons and Armaments
    Yes. She'd feed hundreds.
  • the two zombie shows
    Weapons and Armaments. It was pretty awesome,andinformative.
    DLing. Thx.
  • A little off topic: favorite Scrym idiosyncrasies.

That thing Rym does that's sometimes "yeah, I can see your point" and sometimes "yeah, well". I don't even know how to type it. He uses it when he may or may not agree with something. Lately it has lost the "yeah" part, devolving into just a eheheheh. (Note: NOT a laugh. I just don't know how else to type it.)

Also, Rym is from Michigan, however, he seems to favour Albionic spellinges whiche maye or maye not be a little strange, considering he is from the U.S. There has to be a centre to fix this. Or at least a shoppe. ~_^
  • It's funny, but if it's going to be a zombie episode, I turn it off. I don't know that I have a favorite. Some episodes have amazed me for their boldness. I try to listen to at least the front end of every show and only turn it off if the main topic doesn't interest me.
  • edited August 2007
    Now that I listened to a lot of the archive I think my favorites episodes not in any order are:

The Evangelion episode - I love Neon Genesis Evangelion a LOT! I'm looking forward to hearing the final thoughts episode. Plus they explained the plot in a better way than I heard from most people.

Thunderdome - My friend Kenny and I did this so many times ourselves. This is also the first episode where I yelled at my PSP about some of the choices. Yes. . . I am a sad girl.

Zombies - I'm a fan of zombie movies! I even watched the classics and joined in on blog like a zombie apocalypse day. They aren

Masterbation- Uhh...well...wow...I'll never look at a banana the same again thanks to Scrym.

Any con report ever done - I really like hearing about conventions. Especially ones I was there at.

Any episode they did about podcasting - In those episodes the Worst podcast is the ultimate. They should do another worst episode using stuff people find online.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I think my favorite has to be "No Internets" followed closely by "Saving your game" and "Video Game Difficulty".