This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Schemer

edited December 2011 in Technology
Thoughts on Google's Schemer?

Incidentally, I have ~20 invites to the beta, in case anyone's interested...

I actually kind of like the idea, though I've already seen about twenty copies of each "goal." Seems like a combination public bucket list/life achievement system. Maybe useful inspiration to get off the internet from time to time and do something new?

Comments

• I don't completely understand what it is, but hit me with an invite...? :3
  • Huh, okay, so apparently invites are just by posting a link... So click until I run out!
    Invites Ahoy!
  • I don't completely understand what it is, but hit me with an invite...? :3
    I don't quite get it myself, though I've been using it since this morning.
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like a roundabout way to put you in touch with people who are doing something that you're interested in doing, or have already done it themselves and can give you guidance.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Haha, just saw "learn how to make my own beer at home" with a picture of Pete next to it.
  • I've got my priorities in order.
  • edited December 2011
    "Welcome churba! Let's find you some diabolical stuff to do!"
    Oh Google, you really know how to capture my heart.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I am game. This seems like it could be interesting.
  • I'd take an invite. I need a project for winter break.
  • It looks nice, but I'm not sure how useful it will be.
  • If you've still got invites, I'd like to give it a shot.
  • There's some perks to working where I do.
  • Sign in.
    First thing I see
    "I want to have sex!
    (Person) Wants to do it."
    Close tab.
  • So this is basically an addon to Google+ but it doesn't show up on g+ and g+ doesn't show up on schemer (except for pulling data about your circles and a link to your g+ profile)?

Maybe it's because I just re-read Stevey's rant but it strikes me how fragmented google's products are. Not even to speak of the fact that they *are* products instead of platforms (read the rant).

Here is something that would probably make a great addition to g+, add some real connection to places, people and happenings, and they make it a separate website?
  • I would hope that they're just in a testing phase before integration into G+. Otherwise, I don't see this having much utility.
  • edited December 2011
    What it looks like from their about page that is not the case. Google has a history of making neat projects with little to no thought about how to integrate it with their other offerings.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • This IS still a beta... and hopefully, a relatively early one, at that.