This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Regarding Edits...

edited July 2007 in Forum Stuff
This has been happening recently, to both me and Mr. Period. If we edit your post, please do not remove the edits or delete any additional comments. Not only does it make us angry, but the comments are placed there to remind other forum members of certain issues. That way we won't have to keep editing the same issues. Thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Ok, will do. I just thought that if the post is edited to where the note left makes no sense then there is no need for it.
    [After thought] You might want to add that to the site rules so newcomers will know once this thread is buried.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yeah, WiP. Just stick to correcting spelling and grammar. The extra stuff is not necessary.

For the rest of you, if your post is edited by a moderator, don't change it back. However, if you feel that your post has been edited for content, and not just grammar, then let either Rym or myself know.
  • I post from my phone while at work, and therefore can't use the spellcheck. If one of my posts is edited for spelling, would it be wrong of me to go back and re-edit my post? When I do use my phone to post, I spend quite a bit of time double and triple checking my typing, but sometimes mistakes get missed.
  • I post from my phone while at work, and therefore can't use the spellcheck. If one of my posts is edited for spelling, would it be wrong of me to go back and re-edit my post? When I do use my phone to post, I spend quite a bit of time double and triple checking my typing, but sometimes mistakes get missed.
    Yeah sure, but if there are edits in red, leave them there as an example to others.
  • edited July 2007
    Okay, thanks. I had been wondering about that. So folks will be aware, I will note in future posts from work that they are "phone posts."

And I'm not sure if it is my phone, my phone's software, or the forum code, but I've started having problems with submitting posts from my phone and the browser hanging after posting, and the post button sticking on "wait" mode, so I don't know until i reload the forum's main page if my post went through or not.

I use both IE and Opera on my ppc-6700(EV-DO ftw!).
    Post edited by WallyBman on