This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Trek

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Bad things:1. Oh boy, another alien ship that's more powerful than theEnterpriseand that theEnterprisealone must try to defeat.
    Firstly, The Narada was more powerful than the enterprise because it was from the future. So it would naturally be faster and stronger. Are you telling me you would be surprised if a current day battleship defeated a old Spanish galley? And another thing, the enterprise was going to intercept the narada with a fleet, but the fleet left before them because Sulu screwed up the warp drive sequence, when they eventually did arrive, the fleet was in tatters.
    I'm not faulting the in-movie logic behind the Narada being more powerful than the Enterprise, or the Enterprise having to tackle it alone (both of which, as you point out, are perfectly sound). I'm faulting the script-writers for recycling that specific plot device. Thanks, but I've already (unfortunately) seen Nemesis, and I have no desire to see Insurrection.
    And to address your last point, once again I remind you that the Narada was a superior ship to the Enterprise, If the enterprise simply assumed that the Narada was dead because it was stuck in the singularity, it would have risked their crew's safety. The whole "Kicking it while it was down" thing is irrelevant. Thats like saying why did we bomb German cities in world war 2 when the German army was obviously not going to win... Besides, the Narada had the firepower to destroy an entire federation fleet from that time, so I would stick to the safe side and start shooting phasers and torpedoes.
    Hmmm, fair enough.
    Post edited by SoylentGreenIsPurple on
  • All I can hear in my head is an oompah band.
  • Dr. Sheldon Cooper says: "Live long and suck it, Zachary Quinto."
  • Mr. Quinto is gay. Perhaps Mr. Cooper should pick more appropriate words?
    Jim Parsons, the actor who plays Sheldon Cooper, is also gay.

Hot.
    Hot.
    I know, right?

Hot.
    I know, right?
    Nice.
  • Avery Brooks, AKA Benjamin Sisko, arrested for DUI
    I figured it would be on harder stuff, since that guy is crazy ^_^
  • First comment on the article -
    "Sisko there is still much that the prophets have to teach you."