This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

House Hunting

Comments

• edited December 2011
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6201-Oak-View-Ct-Hillsborough-NC-27278/88950309_zpid/

This is Nuri's stepmom's house.

It's priced at $80 per square foot, basically. In the capital region, a more typical price is $125 per square foot. So that's probably like an $800k house up here.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Holy shit 5,700 square feet bought for 48k in 94. Nice.

I had to search the crazy expensive area to find anything like that place around here, and the lowest house was 875k but there were like two at that price everything else anywhere close was over a million

lol check this one out

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1343-Fording-Brook-Rd-Lower-Gwynedd-PA-19002/9948964_zpid/

Whoooo needs that house?

I had to search the crazy expensive area to find anything like that place around here, and the lowest house was 875k but there were like two at that price everything else anywhere close was over a million

lol check this one out

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1343-Fording-Brook-Rd-Lower-Gwynedd-PA-19002/9948964_zpid/

Whoooo needs that house?
    It's not a house. It's an Estate. Have you seen the movie Rebecca? 1% baby.
  • edited December 2011
    Holy shit 5,700 square feet bought for 48k in 94. Nice.
    I'm pretty sure that was to buy the lot. Nuri's dad custom-built the house.

EDIT: Who needs that estate? I do. Why? Because it's fucking awesome.
    I'm pretty sure that was to buy the lot. Nuri's dad custom-built the house.

EDIT: Who needs that estate? I do. Why? Because it's fucking awesome.
    Yeah, that. We cleared the lot and built the house ourselves. It was the project he used to get his General Contractor's license.

• ScoJo has the right idea here. Who cares how long it takes. Desperate people exist, and they can result in crazy large savings. Therefore, don't blow up on the "perfect house" and overspend. Keep waiting until you catch Mr. Desperate.

With the area you're looking in, I wonder if there's been any real estate churn being they shut down Willow Grove Naval Station. People hightailing it out of there to find new work. Might have missed the boat on that though since it's been a few years now.
  • Epic bar was epic. That is all.
  • Yea I checked out that house today, OMG house party house... You could run a speakeasy in that basement and still raise kids up on the main floor :-p
  • Yea I checked out that house today, OMG house party house... You could run a speakeasy in that basement and still raise kids up on the main floor :-p
    Do it. Don't be a pussy.

• Yea, we are actively investigating a few things which will delay any more for a few weeks especially with Christmas going on. Possible flooding/basement getting wet issues and the like. As well as the house is a bit too close to a pretty active road.
  • oh and it looks like they tore out that crazy title that is in the pictures so it's just a black floor..
  • edited February 2012
    http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1950-Audubon-Dr-Dresher-PA-19025/10022716_zpid/

Current prospect. Bonus, two bars, A billion mirrors (none on the ceiling) and a giant basement. And right next door to two friends that are big board gamers.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It's on a corner. You don't want to live on a corner, people who do drive by's will have twice as long to shoot at your house.

On the plus side, if you set up a fast tower and upgrade it, you'll be able to hit the enemies as they pass by for twice as long.
  • I'm not sure about the sink being in the center of the kitchen. Very odd.
    Yea that was a 60's thing to try and free up counter top space. If we bought the house I'd add a fold out counter top to one side to fix that....
  • It's on a corner. You don't want to live on a corner, people who do drive by's will have twice as long to shoot at your house.

On the plus side, if you set up a fast tower and upgrade it, you'll be able to hit the enemies as they pass by for twice as long.
    I was totally thinking it would help my political career since, houses on the corner always get more attention from campaigns due to want to use the lawn for their signs :-p

• edited February 2012
    This.

Post edited by Anthony Heman on
    Yeah. That's...weird.

Yeah. That's...weird.

Why would you even DO that? You should use island space for prep or cook space. It's wasted as a sink.

• I like having a recessed sink in the middle of the counter, so I can just sweep the crumbs into the hole.
  • It's definitely a invention that a dude thought up :-p
  • It's definitely a invention that a dude thought up :-p
    This. Oh, so much...
  • Yeah... My brother and I maybe getting a house with a pool and enough rooms to house the entire FRC...
  • edited February 2012
    I want a cooking island so hard. Looking at that fucking sink island is filling me with unbridled, irrational hatred.

I think I would rip that sink out and replace it with something useful.
    Yeah... My brother and I maybe getting a house with a pool and enough rooms to house the entire FRC...
    AND A BREWERY, RIGHT?

Actually, y'know, if Tyler puts in a butchering workshop for handling any game he takes, I'd be more than happy to come by and break them down.

I'll handle the brewery. You guys tackle the meat workshop.
  • Yeah... My brother and I maybe getting a house with a pool and enough rooms to house the entire FRC...
    Do you have a zillow link? they have info on houses not on the market.
  • I updated this information on facebook but didn't mention it here for the interested. So I have been attempting to make a bid on the Audubon house for about 2 weeks now. Initially my real estate agent was concerned that the sale was not just an estate but a short sale. He worked those questions out last week only to discover that the executor of the estate died a few days before.

http://www.allbusiness.com/society-social-assistance-lifestyle/religion-spirituality/14369673-1.html This was the owner (notice the twin brother killed by serial killer and other fun facts (not at the house obviously :-)), her 28 year old daughter was the executor and just succumbed to breast cancer.. So now the house is in limbo until a new executor is declared which will be her 39 year old sister I assume.. Either way, that family has some bad luck...
  • edited February 2012
    Other funny thing is mentioning this on facebook caused people to ask if I should still bid on the house since people who owned it died... Are people that dumb? Owners of houses die all the time... However I could use it to possible underbid a few more dollars....
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Other funny thing is mentioning this on facebook caused people to ask if I should still bid on the house since people who owned it died... Are people that dumb? Owners of houses die all the time... However I could use it to possible underbid a few more dollars....
    I specifically looked for murder/death houses due to just this stigma.

• Be careful! You might be like oh shit, this is a house where everyone has died mysteriously. Super cheap because of people who believe in ghosts!

Oh, it was Radon.
  • Killz 2 primer > blood stains