This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Simpsons Movie

edited July 2007 in Everything Else
I saw the movie last night and I must say it is quite funny. It doesn't have so many good funny moments but the ones it has are brilliant and very funny. I encourage everyone to see this movie as it is definitely better than the TV series at the moment.

Comments

• I saw it. It was okay. Had a couple of decent moments but I could take it or leave it. I didn't think it was enormously better than what I've come to expect from the Simpsons.
  • The only thing in the commercials that made me laugh was the spider pig gag. Should I still go and see the movie?
  • I've seen the commercials so many times that the jokes they show aren't funny anymore, though they keep showing the same clips in each trailer. I think the movie will have a lot more good jokes than the trailers.
  • edited July 2007
    The only thing in the commercials that made me laugh was the spider pig gag. Should I still go and see the movie?
    I might just go see it for Spider Pig and the Harry Potter gag that also involved the pig.
    The trailers look pretty funny, but with movie tickets costing a whole seven dollars now, I don't know if it'll be worth it.
    Post edited by lepixelista on
  • Their are a few more hilarious pig moments. So go see it Ametto. ;)
  • I saw it yesterday, and it was fun. The parts where the movie failed were it's serious Marge-Homer marriage arc and the scenes that dealt with the actual plot. The Simpsons is at its best when ignoring the ostentatious plot and instead focusing on the clever dialogue.

Oh, and I've been singing "Spider Pig" for the last day. Can he swing on a web? No. He's a spider pig.
  • The only thing in the commercials that made me laugh was the spider pig gag. Should I still go and see the movie?
    I might just go see it for Spider Pig and the Harry Potter gag that also involved the pig.
    The trailers look pretty funny, but with movie tickets costing a whole seven dollars now, I don't know if it'll be worth it.
    $7 is cheap! we're paying $8.50 for a matinee now...=(
  • Hehehe. Suckers. I paid $3.75 for the 11:25 a.m. showing.
  • well, I went yesterday, paid $3.50 to see a one and a half hour Simpsons episode, it was o.k., heavy CG use that I didn't care for much.
  • I saw it yesterday, there were some hilarious moments but all in all I found it to be just okay. I appear to have paid the most to see it so far; the 9:30pm showing was £9.
  • I thought it was great, its the best Simpsons episode in like 7 years.
  • I'm not allowed to see it. My rents think that is a disgrace to the traditional family and that it is a waste of time and money. I've never watched the TV show, either.
  • Well, I just saw it. It was a lot better than the crap episodes on TV now, but it didn't live up to the hype, nor the standards set by the first few seasons. It wasn't worth the nine bucks, I'll tell you that much. I laughed at a few things, but it was rather mediocre, and I'll probably never watch it again. I didn't like all the political gags, and I would have preferred more Itchy and Scratchy style humor. The art was great, but the film in general was a big disappointment. One thing that I can't get out of my head, though, is that god damn Spider Pig song. Oh, and seeing Bart's wang.
  • I saw this movie twice - HILARIOUS. The story is GARBAGE, but there's a ton of lol's.
  • I saw the movie yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable. There were a lot of "lol" moments, however, like others have said the storyline isn't strong. The previews did give away some really funny moments, but I also noticed they didn't show the Reverend Lovejoy "Money shot" scene. More than likely it will be on the DVD for deleted scenes.

Favorite Moments:
    Bart's naked skateboarding
    "To Be Continued.. Immediately"
    Bart Simpson chalk board lines
    Homer Simpson in the theater with his speech

and many many others.^_^
  • It made $71.8 million in the opening weekend, so Fox is happy. That puts The Simpsons at number 23 on the all-time highest-grossing opening weekend list. Of course, you could argue that these figures aren't properly inflation-adjusted.
  • It made $71.8 million in the opening weekend, so Fox is happy. That puts The Simpsons at number 23 on the all-time highest-grossing opening weekend list. Of course, you could argue thatthese figuresaren't properly inflation-adjusted.
    Yup, not adjusted for inflation.

Notice all five Harry Potter movies in there?
  • My dad and I were going to see it opening weekend, but my dad got sent to London for his job, so that will be postponed until he comes back. I really hope it's funny, because I will have waited all this time to see it.
  • It was SO good. I saw it for the second time today. Very funny. Like the old, good Simpsons, looking through the credits they used most of the old writers. Why they don't use them for the show normally any more I don't know.
  • They probably have/had the old writers working on Futurama.
  • They probably have/had the old writers working on Futurama.
    From memory some of them were.
  • THIS BOOK DOESN'T HAVE ANY ANSWERS!
  • Of course I've gone mad with power, have you ever tried going mad without power? No one listens to you!
  • For once the rich, white man is in control.
  • This is the worst day of my life!
    The worst day of your life SO FAR.
  • The guy who developed the Simpsons said he wouldn't allow a movie until a really awesome script came up. Obviously, this wasn't it.
  • I watched the movie this weekend partially because you guys recommended it to me and partial because my BF was giving me puppy eyes.

The movie had a really strong beginning. That beginning was worth the $17 my BF spent. As most of your had mentioned earlier, the story arc was teh suck. There are a few scenes where characters go out of character which bothered me. Like Milton beating up the bullies.

"I like boys now."-Ralph