This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston 2012

edited October 2011 in Conventions
Just was wondering if anyone had any information about the schedule for this con. I want to see if it is worth my time to split my time over from PAX to attend AB if they have anything interesting going on.

Comments

• I don't have any information about the schedule, but I'm sure Daryl Surat and Mike Tool will be there, and they're always worth time. Lou, do you want to defend us/you/them? I'm sure you're more knowledgeable than I.
  • We'll very likely do at least one show at AB despite our PAX schedule.
  • I'll probably hop over to the Back Bay at some point (it's not terribly far from South Station, if you know how to go), but I doubt I'll be at the con proper.
  • If memory serves, the panels/screenings schedule won't really be up until a couple weeks before AB, though main events will surely be posted sooner. It does sound like a number of us will be con-hopping, so clearly we need to bring games that one can easily play on the subway.
  • I think it's worth your time to attend, but I'm staff at AB, so I'm biased. :)

I haven't even started panel applications yet, but I plan to in a week or so. As jtvh said, things won't really start up until a couple of weeks or so before the con -- mostly due to guests always being subject to last minute schedule changes.

FYI, last I heard, there was going to be some sort of shuttle service between AB and PAX, but I don't have any definitive info on it yet.
  • Got the room list for Anime Boston earlier today. Without going into too many details, I'm getting enough panel rooms that I will be able to institute 30 minute gaps between all panels in the same room. This should ease the whole setup/tear down problem from last year as well as make it easier to get folks in and out of panel rooms when there are lines outside.
  • Awesome!

I'm submitting ours tonight (though we'll have to plan a bit carefully around our PAX programming).
  • Understood. Let me know as soon as you know what your PAX schedule looks like and some estimates for time needed to go between convention centers and I'll make sure to schedule around those requirements.
  • Understood. Let me know as soon as you know what your PAX schedule looks like and some estimates for time needed to go between convention centers and I'll make sure to schedule around those requirements.
    Boy, this is going to be a pain in the ass. Both conventions on the same weekend should release their schedules around the same time. But we need the schedule of one convention to make the schedule for the other. Thus, the second convention is forced to be late.
  • Got the room list for Anime Boston earlier today. Without going into too many details, I'm getting enough panel rooms that I will be able to institute 30 minute gaps between all panels in the same room. This should ease the whole setup/tear down problem from last year as well as make it easier to get folks in and out of panel rooms when there are lines outside.
    :D
    Boy, this is going to be a pain in the ass. Both conventions on the same weekend should release their schedules around the same time. But we need the schedule of one convention to make the schedule for the other. Thus, the second convention is forced to be late.
    This seems like a tactical mistake.
    Ugh, no idea it would be this much of a logistical nightmare. I forget, are there standard hours that PAX runs panels during that I can try avoid scheduling your panels for?
  • Both years of PAX East they've gotten a Sunday morning block, though that might be coincidence.
  • Both years of PAX East they've gotten a Sunday morning block, though that might be coincidence.
    Last PAX East we also presented a third lecture on Friday. At Prime, we've been all over the place.
  • Working on AB panel submissions now. Not that I'm fighting the post-holiday-blues or anything.

Also, feeling cranky all over again about PAX/AB being the same weekend. I want to be at both cons for all three days! Argh.
  • You'll need one of these, then.

• Or perhaps this:
  • How about this:
  • Maybe I need to have a transporter accident.

• I'm not sure if anyone will get this, but it would be solved by doing this:
  • synchronized swimming causes time travel?
  • Maybe some sort of Song of Time swim-dance? I've got no idea how those musical squigglies work.
  • There was a chapter in Sgt. Frog where Keroro got in a transporter accident and the only way they could turn into one Keroro again was through synchronized swimming. Typing this out I realize how strangely funny that manga is.
  • There was a chapter in Sgt. Frog where Keroro got in a transporter accident and the only way they could turn into one Keroro again was through synchronized swimming. Typing this out I realize how strangely funny that manga is.
    Ah, so in order to get myself all back into one piece, I'll need some time with Esther Williams.

• I thought your evil twin would be Margaret Thatcher.
  • Sweet got the panel email from Lou, so excited to introduce this new soundtrack!
  • Well, all the panels for the first cut should be notified by now...
  • edited February 2012
    Congrats Coldguy, I Just got my panel emails from Lou too! It'll be interesting moving between AB and PE though.
    Post edited by magnusrex on
  • I got Anime Miserables. It's about the Japanese adaptations of Les Miserables. YAY!
    Congrats Coldguy, I Just got my panel emails from Lou too! It'll be interesting moving between AB and PE though.
    Yeah, everyone says I'm crazy. Crazy like a fox!

• The Panel hopping is going to be an art of itself, whomever has their schedule out first is the one I shall revolve around...

In other news going to do the same giveaway at my panel like I did at Connecticon, soundtrack to panel! Sit close if you want to lock in a physical copy or ask me to post it somewhere and I can figure it out.